Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Work phones?
Devanmc 09:31 AM 08-20-2012
So my new job just sent me a work phone. Skipping the unimportant details, what is a convenient way to carry around 2 phones everyday?
[Reply]
kydsid 09:39 AM 08-20-2012
Convenient? lol it can be hard I know. I settled on my personal phone in my pocket and work phone on belt clip. Hey its work right?

Have a friend with a dual sim phone, LG I think, he says the phone is so so, but the ease of one phone wins for him.
[Reply]
T.G 09:44 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
So my new job just sent me a work phone. Skipping the unimportant details, what is a convenient way to carry around 2 phones everyday?

:-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:46 AM 08-20-2012
Forward work phone # to personal cell. Problem solved... like a BAWS!
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:54 AM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
:-) :-)

Týr is wise! Carrying around two phones gets old quickly...

Or, you can suggest to your company that rather than giving you a phone they should reimburse you for a portion of your monthly bill on your personal phone. This is what I did when my employer wanted me to be available by cell for work. This will save you some hassle and the company some money.
[Reply]
NeuRon 10:45 AM 08-20-2012
Devan, just get a man purse. It will also have ample room for your tampons and such :-)

Its win-win!
[Reply]
Devanmc 11:00 AM 08-20-2012
Being honest here, we like to drink in college and I took a second phone to remove the possibility of drunk dialing my boss or clients. I did have the option to get part of my personal phone implemented but didnt want the possibility for issues. I can leave the work phone at home when I go out.

Guess I am just SOL and will get one of them little clip pouches.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 11:06 AM 08-20-2012
Just make sure your contract can cover it :-) it can put you in a bind
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:06 AM 08-20-2012
This sounds like the easiest, cheapest & fastest.... :-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 12:33 PM 08-20-2012
Hmmm, I just put both of mine in my Purse.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:20 PM 08-20-2012
Been carrying around 2 phones for the last year, it sucks. I know some at work just forward one of the phones to the 2nd telephone.

Ask to use your phone and expense $100 a month towards it.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 01:30 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by ashtonlady:
Hmmm, I just put both of mine in my Purse.
It helps being a woman sometimes. :-)
[Reply]
area51 01:35 PM 08-20-2012
Belt clip FTW
[Reply]
The Poet 01:38 PM 08-20-2012
I know you don't want my :-) on this, but here it is anyway. At what point did it become "essential" for one to carry about a personal phone 24/7? The easiest solution would be to use your work phone for work, and save your personal life, and phone, for those times you're not getting paid to do your job.

:-) , but that's how an old fart like me thinks.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:39 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by the poet:
at what point did it become "essential" for one to carry about a personal phone 24/7?
[Reply]
The Poet 01:43 PM 08-20-2012
OK, thanks. :-) :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:44 PM 08-20-2012
No problem. Welcome to the 21st Century! Please hand in your America Online dial-up membership :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:02 PM 08-20-2012
No problem. Welcome to the 21st Century! Please hand in your America Online dial-up membership :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 02:12 PM 08-20-2012
I started Carrying two phones because the IRS wanted me to document every call that was part of the phone I carried for work reasons. And with a Second phone it was much easier to explain that it was for business so we didnt have to deal with the paperwork.So I have one for work and one for home. I have had my personal one for 18 years because I am a mom and need to know that School could get a hold of me when needed. That is my story. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:24 PM 08-20-2012

I'll grant you the gentle dig, brother. However, even though the jury's still out about brain damage caused by cell phone microwaves, it still strikes me as odd that those who can least afford to lose cognitive powers are the ones most likely to be chatting about nothing on their cell the oftenest, and longest. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up