Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Coffee Discussion>Italian and Cuban Coffee
gettysburgfreak 02:39 PM 08-16-2020
Does anyone know of a good place to order some coffee from Italy? I was in Italy a number of years ago and it was by far the best coffee I have ever had and would like to get some for home. I’ve also heard Cuban coffee is good but have never had it, and am interested in buying some to try. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:53 PM 08-18-2020
All the big Italian brands of coffee are sold in the US like Illy, Lavazza, etc... Cuban brands like Cubita & Serrano are available online. Just look up the names.

That being said, I don't think they offer really anything different than brands you can already buy. It's more about how the coffee is prepared which you were enjoying more in Italy.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:03 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
All the big Italian brands of coffee are sold in the US like Illy, Lavazza, etc... Cuban brands like Cubita & Serrano are available online. Just look up the names.

That being said, I don't think they offer really anything different than brands you can already buy. It's more about how the coffee is prepared which you were enjoying more in Italy.
Thank you for the info. I have had Lavazza and it’s delicious. I might have to buy some of the brands you suggested and try a different way of preparing it.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:51 AM 08-19-2020
My wife's aunts were born in Cuba. They both use one of these types of espresso makers to make their Cuban coffee. The brand of coffee is not so critical to them, just that it's a good quality and an espresso grind.

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:00 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Thank you for the info. I have had Lavazza and it’s delicious. I might have to buy some of the brands you suggested and try a different way of preparing it.
A Neapolitan coffee pot is a fun way to make coffee. Very uncommon coffee pot in the US. Different than a Mokapot. Very particular to the Naples region of Italy.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:52 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
My wife's aunts were born in Cuba. They both use one of these types of espresso makers to make their Cuban coffee. The brand of coffee is not so critical to them, just that it's a good quality and an espresso grind.

Do you know what it’s called or brand? Looks interesting to try.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:41 PM 08-22-2020
According to my wife they're made by Bialleti.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 01:12 PM 08-23-2020
Caracolillo is a popular Cuban style roaster in Florida

https://www.ccmcoffee.com/
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:13 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Do you know what it’s called or brand? Looks interesting to try.
Mokapot is the style. Also called stove top espresso maker. Bialeti is the most common brand.

Neapolitan is similar but quite different in how it's brewed.
[Reply]
Up