[Reply]
DonAustin 06:42 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Season Finale Tonight! :-)
I know, I cant wait brother! It should be good
:-)
[Reply]
DonAustin 07:20 PM 12-05-2010
"Cause if i had used the shotgun, I would have had to clean the mess up myself" priceless
[Reply]
DonAustin 07:38 PM 12-05-2010
She better burn that damn postcard from Paris
[Reply]
DonAustin 07:45 PM 12-05-2010
I've got to admit, very predictable up to this point, and the only good thing about this finale so far is the Cohiba I'm smoking during it:-)
[Reply]
DonAustin 08:10 PM 12-05-2010
Wow that finale really sucked guys, I'm genuinely disappointed right now. By the rest of the season I should'nt have but I did have high hopes for this finale. Oh Well, GREAT COHIBA though:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:08 AM 12-06-2010
2 shotgun deaths, one handgun, one straight razor, pregnant hookers, million dollar deals, illicit backroom plotting, double crosses, philandering postcards, family reunions, intregrated celebrations,......all just setting up season 2.

Yeah, it wasn't the exciting finale, but I guess they know what they're doing.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:04 AM 12-06-2010
If you watch the scene again, it's actually Jimmys boot knife and not a straight razor. But I completely agree it is all setting up season 2.

Shame the finale couldn't be more exciting. The last 2 episodes were kinda MEH.....I really hope they did this to start season 2 off with a huge bang.
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:49 AM 12-06-2010
I liked the season finale. I love the line that went something like "It isn't Halloween" and then BOOM! That mask guy is going to continue to be a great character.
[Reply]
DonAustin 06:43 AM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
If you watch the scene again, it's actually Jimmys boot knife and not a straight razor. But I completely agree it is all setting up season 2.

Shame the finale couldn't be more exciting. The last 2 episodes were kinda MEH.....I really hope they did this to start season 2 off with a huge bang.
I hope so to, I believe it will though. If not, I can honestly say if the season goes the same as this one did, I wont be as a dedicated viewer as I was this season.
[Reply]
rennD 07:41 AM 12-06-2010
can someone tell me who Luciano was shooting at the end there (it was a delivery truck full of booze)? was this important or just filler?
[Reply]
DonAustin 07:51 AM 12-06-2010
I don't know man, I was wondering the same. It was almost like it was a deal going wrong, but I was'nt for sure.
[Reply]
Powers 08:19 AM 12-09-2010
I liked the finale! I think season 1 of the Sopranos is very comparable, that wasn't a mind blowing season either, but a solid one that set up things to come. I think HBO knows they've got the next big there w/Boardwalk and are setting it up for the long-haul

Tying in Harding's "Return to Normalcy" speech w/Margaret and Nucky getting back together was brilliant. My favorite line of the night though: "Woodrow Wilson, that Southern son of a b*tch" :-)

And I couldn't figure out who Lucky whacked either, I think it was a Dalesio brother?
[Reply]
Gophernut 11:33 AM 12-09-2010
And I couldn't figure out who Lucky whacked either, I think it was a Dalesio brother?
That's what I thought.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:17 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
That's what I thought.
I would be shocked if a Dalesio brother was out doing casual business with Luciano after 4 of his brothers just got whacked....documented in the newspapers and all.
[Reply]
Gophernut 11:58 AM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would be shocked if a Dalesio brother was out doing casual business with Luciano after 4 of his brothers just got whacked....documented in the newspapers and all.
You are right as ususal Admiral! From IMDB:

In a closing montage while Eddie Cantor sings for the celebratory crowd, we see Van Alden sitting alone and tearing up. We see Eli, the Commodore and Jimmy plotting something while Gillian quietly sips a drink. Lansky and Luciano pull another whiskey heist, with Lucky shooting a kid who'd just taken payment from Lansky for a truckload of liquor. Nan sits alone and puts on the ring she found in the cake, smiling dreamily. Rothstein sighs as he talks on the phone, and Eddie counts stacks of cash. Angela sits at home in an empty dining room.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:31 PM 12-10-2010
You know, everybody was saying how they didn't like the finale...but I really enjoyed it. We saw a lot of character development from the first episode to the finale, and I think the finale really was a nice chapter end to a lot of journeys the different characters were taking. And yes, as people have said, I think they've set themselves up for a GREAT second season and possibly more.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:26 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
You are right as ususal Admiral!
If only I could be right about fantasy hockey line-ups, Steve! :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:24 AM 01-19-2011
I finally watched the finale yesterday and was not disappointing in the least. One thing I have found about some of my favorite shows is that the finale's are often nothing spectacular, but they set the plot and characters up for season 2. That is exactly what happened here and I think season 2 is going to be spectacular.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 8910
Up