Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 104 of 265
« First < 45494102103104 105106114154204 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
cricky101 12:40 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Well, big time ratz! Isn't it a *itch when change occurs? Thanks for the heads-up Adam:-)
I've used their plain crust (not the herbed or wheat) a couple of times and it was good. Crispy bottom and a nice chew when we used a pizza stone in the oven at 550.
[Reply]
Mr B 01:38 PM 05-09-2011
I smoked up (2) 7lb Bone-In Prok Shoulders Friday night. 1 for BBQ Pulled and the other for Carnitas. Sorry, all I got was the before pics & we've all seen those.
Came out great. They go so quick, I might have to start smoking 3-4 at a time. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 01:57 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I smoked up (2) 7lb Bone-In Prok Shoulders Friday night. 1 for BBQ Pulled and the other for Carnitas. Sorry, all I got was the before pics & we've all seen those.
Came out great. They go so quick, I might have to start smoking 3-4 at a time. :-)
Pardon the ignorance, whats the difference between Pulled and Carnitas?? They are both shreded-ish pork right??
[Reply]
MarkinOR 03:09 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I smoked up (2) 7lb Bone-In Prok Shoulders Friday night. 1 for BBQ Pulled and the other for Carnitas. Sorry, all I got was the before pics & we've all seen those...

Isn't Prok on the California Endangered Species list Brent?:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:18 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Isn't Prok on the California Endangered Species list Brent?:-)
I thought P'rok was Spocks inbred stepbrother.
[Reply]
Mr B 03:48 PM 05-09-2011
LOL, sorry it was my left-handed typing techniques :-)

Ya it was pork not prok.

Kirk, no difference in the shredded pork. I just added BBQ sauce to one and nothing to the other (will use for carnitas.)
[Reply]
T.G 04:42 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Well, big time ratz! Isn't it a *itch when change occurs? Thanks for the heads-up Adam:-)
Yeah, especially when they mess something up for the silliest of reasons. They made the dough healthier. It's a pizza for crying out loud, it's not exactly healthy to begin with, was it really necessary to take the lard out and replace it with low fat oil that yields a dough with totally different (and totally suck-ass) characteristics?

If they had at least used olive oil as the substitute, then I might have forgiven them, but of course that would have driven the price up.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:22 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by nofeardiver:
Nice looking pizza, i havent braved the home made pizza dough yet, i have been buying the premade one at the store, which actually turns out to be really good, i bet not as goods as home made. Is the home made tuff to make?
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'll post something in the Recipe sub-forum this evening. When it comes to cooking, I have no secrets.
Posted via Mobile Device
Better late than never.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45437
[Reply]
MarkinOR 08:30 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Better late than never.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45437
Saw it. Love it. Thanks Peter:-)


[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:37 PM 05-10-2011
ok not really smoked, but i did do some grilling on my egg which is also my smoker, i did throw some jack daniels smoking pellets in...

So did some chicken, hamburgers, bella mushroom caps(my favorite), baked potatoes, and squash all on the grill tonight, here are a few pics.... Also my wife likes here burger well done, and thin, so she cut it in half, and low and behold it looks like a flipping smoke ring, it was sweet... i did throw in some jack Daniels smoking pellets for about an hour cook... O well it was darn good...

Image
Image
Image
[Reply]
cricky101 08:15 AM 05-11-2011
Did some spare ribs, armadillo eggs and ABTs on the cheap bullet smoker last weekend. First cook of the year.

But I've got 2 pork butts, a packer brisket and corned beef (for pastrami) in the freezer ready to go!!
[Reply]
fxpose 11:21 AM 05-12-2011
I'm preparing to smoke 2 racks of spareribs and roast some red potatoes this afternoon in the brick oven.
[Reply]
forgop 05:48 PM 05-12-2011
Anyone have a good ABT recipe? Wanting to try some out on the smoker this weekend. Would also love to try something a bit more out of the ordinary other than the standard pork fare, so something geared more towards an appetizer type of thing would be nice. Any suggestions? Thanks!
[Reply]
hammondc 05:52 PM 05-12-2011
2 boston butts tomorrow....
[Reply]
OLS 01:51 PM 05-13-2011
Mr. Know it All has a question....when you do shoulders, do you smoke with that thick piece of skin on it
or do you like to trim that away? I like pig skin but I imagine it ain't too hot smoked. I also think it would
inhimit smoke penetration. Any ideas or preferences??

Went out to the store at lunch and picked up two shoulders and 4 racks of BBRs. I need to stock up while
the BBRs are onsale, cause I have a feeling it's gonna be a smoky summer. I also have a family gig in Aug
where I will have to feed about 15 up in the smokies. My freezer is NOT big, lol. Gonna be touch and go.
[Reply]
fxpose 02:15 PM 05-13-2011
I smoked 2 slabs of spareribs (trimmed to ST. Louis) in the brick oven yesterday. I used charcoal as the heat source, lighting them using the Minion method and threw in chunks of cherry wood for smoke. They turned out good.
Attached: P1050794.jpg (110.7 KB) 
[Reply]
wayner123 02:38 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Mr. Know it All has a question....when you do shoulders, do you smoke with that thick piece of skin on it
or do you like to trim that away? I like pig skin but I imagine it ain't too hot smoked. I also think it would
inhimit smoke penetration. Any ideas or preferences??

Went out to the store at lunch and picked up two shoulders and 4 racks of BBRs. I need to stock up while
the BBRs are onsale, cause I have a feeling it's gonna be a smoky summer. I also have a family gig in Aug
where I will have to feed about 15 up in the smokies. My freezer is NOT big, lol. Gonna be touch and go.
Did you get a picnic instead of a Boston Butt?? A picnic is still a shoulder but it is cooked as you would do a ham. If you are talking about a Boston Butt, I have never seen a Butt with skin on it, just a large fat cap.
[Reply]
MarkinOR 03:10 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by fxpose:
I smoked 2 slabs of spareribs (trimmed to ST. Louis) in the brick oven yesterday. I used charcoal as the heat source, lighting them using the Minion method and threw in chunks of cherry wood for smoke. They turned out good.
They look delicious:-)


[Reply]
Stevez 03:36 PM 05-13-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Did you get a picnic instead of a Boston Butt?? A picnic is still a shoulder but it is cooked as you would do a ham. If you are talking about a Boston Butt, I have never seen a Butt with skin on it, just a large fat cap.
Agree; it's got to be a picnic and I would certainly cut the skin off for the exact reasons you mentioned. The picnic is much more "hammy" and is great itself, but won't be like the other half typically known as shoulder (for pulled pork usually).
[Reply]
OLS 05:41 PM 05-13-2011
Wayner is a funny character. He knows I know what a butt is, lol.
This thing is in no way COVERED with skin, maybe 1/5th. But I agree, I think I should pay a little closer attention.
I have seen 'shoulders' that are twice as long as this. (not two butts in a bag) I am guessing that they are both
parts in one.
Lemme go and check the freezer. haha, yep, picnic.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 265
« First < 45494102103104 105106114154204 > Last »
Up