Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 48 of 138
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Powers 01:51 PM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Tar...the bubbling crude. It can be very nasty and very thick. It happens, although I am not sure why. For some reason I associate it with reduced air flow within a part of the cigar. :-)

I had a Diamond Crown maduro torpedo years ago that tar just poured out of. :-)
That makes sense. God it was gross. Normally Cubao's are some tasty
[Reply]
Chris. 02:19 PM 11-02-2010
Ive had a couple different cigars do it. It seems to be pretty random.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 03:25 PM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Tar...the bubbling crude. It can be very nasty and very thick. It happens, although I am not sure why. For some reason I associate it with reduced air flow within a part of the cigar. :-)

I had a Diamond Crown maduro torpedo years ago that tar just poured out of. :-)
Greg is right, definitely tar.

Tray slowing your smoking speed and purging every once in a while to see if that helps.

~Mark
[Reply]
Powers 03:54 PM 11-02-2010
Thanks for the info guys!
[Reply]
v00d3W 11:01 AM 11-03-2010
I am a new member of this forum, and also new to collecting cigars. I have just set up my humidor, and started buying cigars - where can I post my recent cigar purchases, and my progress?
[Reply]
Powers 11:18 AM 11-03-2010
Specifically to post recent Non-Cuban purchases, head on over to "Show your recent NC purchases" thread, within this sub-forum

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3440

Also, browse the various "stickies", which are atop each sub-forum

But most importantly, go the the "New Inmate Processing Area" and introduce yourself!

:-)
[Reply]
v00d3W 11:32 AM 11-03-2010
Thank you for your quick reply! I did introduce myself in the "New Inmate Processing Area". Thanks again!

I tried to access the "show your latest NC purchase" but it keeps giving me a Fatal Error, is that normal?
[Reply]
Whee 11:49 AM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by v00d3W:
Thank you for your quick reply! I did introduce myself in the "New Inmate Processing Area". Thanks again!

I tried to access the "show your latest NC purchase" but it keeps giving me a Fatal Error, is that normal?
Patience. Some doors to the Asylum open in time. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 12:33 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Patience. Some doors to the Asylum open in time. :-)
:-)

Just to add to that. It goes quicker than you think interact with inmates. Join up in the NST (Newbie sampler trade) and share with posts. You'll be opened to those areas before you know it!
[Reply]
v00d3W 12:22 PM 11-04-2010
I have recently gotten my humidor seasoned, and calibrated my digital hygrometer, and I thought I had my humidity under control. Once I got the humidor itself in a place where the temprature stays around 72, but the humidity wants to stay at 74-75%

What I have is a Napoleon II humidor, 3 drawers. It has a rectangle brick humidifier 3x7" I tried to put the brick in all the drawers to get the humidity to adjust, and settled on leaving it in the bottom drawer.

The level in the top 2 drawers was within 1% of each other, but the bottom stays 4% higher.

Is it possible that the humidifier brick is too much for the humidor, and what do you think about using beads?

I currently have around 30 cigars in there, and am worried about the Beatles. Thanks.
[Reply]
Chingas 02:15 PM 11-04-2010
Take some pics Brother so we can see what you mean. If it's a small desktop I'd reccomend tossing the brick and either getting beads or boveda packs. If you have room you could actually put a small pack in each drawer.
[Reply]
hscmit 02:24 PM 11-04-2010
sounds like you could take the brick out and add a few ounces of dry beads and it would be about where you want it
[Reply]
docdoty 02:25 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Take some pics Brother so we can see what you mean. If it's a small desktop I'd reccomend tossing the brick and either getting beads or boveda packs. If you have room you could actually put a small pack in each drawer.
x2
[Reply]
OLS 02:27 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by v00d3W:
and am worried about the Beatles. Thanks.
Don't worry dude, two of them are already dead. I ain't gonna say they won't grab Phil Collins
and Eric Clapton and try to tour, but you can be fairly confident that's not gonna happen.

I'd look at beads. Beetles don't hatch due to humidity, though.
[Reply]
v00d3W 02:27 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:

its a 150 capacity desktop....
http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1288902491

here is a pic of the brick:
http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1288902515
[Reply]
icehog3 02:28 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Don't worry dude, two of them are already dead. I ain't gonna say they won't grab Phil Collins
and Ron Wood and try to tour, but you can be fairly confident that's not gonna happen.
'Specially since Ronnie is heading out with the Stones in '11. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:54 PM 11-04-2010
I've got that same humi and a couple ounces of beads in each drawer has me worry free. Of course, another hundred cigars in there would help too. :-)
[Reply]
RatherUneek 02:16 PM 11-12-2010
Does everyone taste the flavors? In other words, while reading reviews i hear terms such as leather, cedar, earthy, chocolate. I am new to cigar smoking (only been smoking about a week) and have never picked up on these. I know it takes time for your pallate to develop but are there any veteran smokers that thnk cigars just taste good? Or over time will everyone be able to differentiate separate flavors? I just feel like I will never be able to determine some of these tastes. I hope I will and enjoy the cigar smoking exerience regardless. Just really wanting to know if this is something everyone will develop. Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:21 PM 11-12-2010
Some people are good at picking out flavors, some not....the most important part is that you are enjoying the cigar.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:30 PM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some people are good at picking out flavors, some not....the most important part is that you are enjoying the cigar.
Tom is right!

Enjoyment is different for everyone. For some people it's picking out different flavors, for some it's sitting with friends, and for some it is just part of their relaxation process.

Everyone is different and as long as you are enjoying your cigar experience don't fret.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 138
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
Up