Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 40 of 138
« First < 30383940 41425090 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Hoosierguy 01:19 PM 07-24-2010
What temps should I be storing my cigars at? I know that above 70* is a problem but how about on the low end. How cold is too cold?? What low temps should be avoided?
[Reply]
T.G 02:01 PM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy:
What temps should I be storing my cigars at? I know that above 70* is a problem but how about on the low end. How cold is too cold?? What low temps should be avoided?
Depends how long you're storing them at a lower temp, but generally, I've found that about anything above mid-50F's is fine for longer storage and being able to just pull one out of the humidor and smoke it.
[Reply]
Chingas 03:54 PM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Depends how long you're storing them at a lower temp, but generally, I've found that about anything above mid-50F's is fine for longer storage and being able to just pull one out of the humidor and smoke it.
This brothers got serious knowledge. Pay attention when he posts.

As for me, I got a vino at 65 and one at 70. I do my own experiments to see what I like best.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:24 PM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:

As for me, I got a vino at 65 and one at 70. I do my own experiments to see what I like best.
Please dont feed the animals!
[Reply]
T.G 02:09 PM 07-25-2010
Thanks, but make no mistake, there are lots of S/BOTLS here with high levels of knowledge. Sometimes I might be in that catergory, sometimes not.
[Reply]
Chingas 02:20 PM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Thanks, but make no mistake, there are lots of S/BOTLS here with high levels of knowledge. Sometimes I might be in that catergory, sometimes not.
HosierGuy. Only listen to Adam This time!!!
[Reply]
warren G. 05:32 PM 07-25-2010
A quick question...generally how many boxes can you fit in a a coolidor? j/w
[Reply]
Ogre 05:34 PM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by warren G.:
A quick question...generally how many boxes can you fit in a a coolidor? j/w
Depends on the size of the cooler!!!!! And the sizes of the boxes
[Reply]
warren G. 06:00 PM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Depends on the size of the cooler!!!!! And the sizes of the boxes
Yeah :-) It was a pretty vague question. I'm leaning towards a 150qt and let's said I'm storing boxes no bigger then an Opus X. I got my desktop for storing singles.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:37 PM 07-26-2010
Ok so I'm looking to start up a humidor and cigars, rather than just buying them and smoking them. So I went to Cheaphumidors.com and I'm looking at buying.....

The Tuscany Humidor, with the cigars they offer + all the options (not to the max but VERY Close) Just not the Cigar Oasis, everything else maxed. $127
Mega and mild sampler - 15 cigars for 40 bucks...it'll help me get an idea of what I like.
Xikar cutter, supposed to be the best I hear? maybe? $38 bucks.

Looking at $204 not shipped...so I don't know what shipped. Advice and comments on my choices?

I usually smoke the same cigar, Sosa's? They are like $6 a shot and apparently a 91 on cigar aficionado.com? That's what my store tells me and I do like them a great deal.

Again if this were knives, guns, beers, bourbons, tequilas or rums I wouldn't need ANY help. But I'm a little new to this enjoyment. Any advice and help is more than appreciated.

Questions like, Does the humidor matter? *what's the difference*? How Do I pick a good one? .....What cigars smoke/taste like Sosa's but are better?
[Reply]
Chingas 10:38 PM 07-26-2010
Bigger Humi!
[Reply]
Bill86 10:53 PM 07-26-2010
Bigger Humi!
100-120 Cigars isn't enough to START?
[Reply]
Chingas 10:57 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
100-120 Cigars isn't enough to START?
You're not safe here. Save yourself the trouble of buying ten of those!
[Reply]
Bill86 10:58 PM 07-26-2010
Crap please tell me you guys aren't like my knife forums....talking me into a $400 pocket knife O_O

So what humidor should I buy to start?
[Reply]
Chingas 11:02 PM 07-26-2010
This should do...

[Reply]
bonjing 11:09 PM 07-26-2010
just like buying a gun safe, go bigger than you need, and it still won't be enough room down the line :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:09 PM 07-26-2010
This should do...

O_O HOW PERDY......MUST HAVE.....someday....
[Reply]
Bill86 11:11 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:
just like buying a gun safe, go bigger than you need, and it still won't be enough room down the line :-)
OH now you're speaking my language....got ya. I own an AR-15, mossberg, and I sold my glock, trying to acquire a new P30 from H&K. I'm only 23 but I've been kinda lucky to enjoy some of life's little pleasures.

But could you please explain humidors and the pro's/cons.....is it literally just size or....what? That's what she said BOOM!
[Reply]
bobarian 11:19 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Ok so I'm looking to start up a humidor and cigars, rather than just buying them and smoking them. So I went to Cheaphumidors.com and I'm looking at buying.....

The Tuscany Humidor, with the cigars they offer + all the options (not to the max but VERY Close) Just not the Cigar Oasis, everything else maxed. $127
Mega and mild sampler - 15 cigars for 40 bucks...it'll help me get an idea of what I like.
Xikar cutter, supposed to be the best I hear? maybe? $38 bucks.

Looking at $204 not shipped...so I don't know what shipped. Advice and comments on my choices?

I usually smoke the same cigar, Sosa's? They are like $6 a shot and apparently a 91 on cigar aficionado.com? That's what my store tells me and I do like them a great deal.

Again if this were knives, guns, beers, bourbons, tequilas or rums I wouldn't need ANY help. But I'm a little new to this enjoyment. Any advice and help is more than appreciated.

Questions like, Does the humidor matter? *what's the difference*? How Do I pick a good one? .....What cigars smoke/taste like Sosa's but are better?
Bill, 100-120 cigars is more than enough to start. But be aware that humidors are always overrated for capacity. If it says 100-150 it typically will hold 80-120 cigars. I dont know what size cigars they use but based on a variety of sizes you can expect your humidor to hold about 2/3 of its rated capacity.
There are many good humidor vendors out there, many have used CheapHumidors with great success. You might want to look at the cigars at CigarsInternational, you can get free shipping on your entire purchase if you purchase the JoeCigar deal of the day.

Invest $20 in a digital hygrometer, Xikar makes a good one. Get a Boveda test kit to calibrate your hygrometer its much easier than doing a salt test.
Also, look into some humidity beads(I use 65% beads from HeartfeltIndustries.com), they are much easier to use than a sponge and PG solution. :-)

As far as cigars, its really hard to recommend anything as everyone has different tastes and goes through a discovery process when looking for that ideal cigar. That's half the fun of this hobby/obsession. Enjoy whatever it is you decide to smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:24 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Bill, 100-120 cigars is more than enough to start. But be aware that humidors are always overrated for capacity. If it says 100-150 it typically will hold 80-120 cigars. I dont know what size cigars they use but based on a variety of sizes you can expect your humidor to hold about 2/3 of its rated capacity.
There are many good humidor vendors out there, many have used CheapHumidors with great success. You might want to look at the cigars at CigarsInternational, you can get free shipping on your entire purchase if you purchase the JoeCigar deal of the day.

Invest $20 in a digital hygrometer, Xikar makes a good one. Get a Boveda test kit to calibrate your hygrometer its much easier than doing a salt test.
Also, look into some humidity beads(I use 65% beads from HeartfeltIndustries.com), they are much easier to use than a sponge and PG solution. :-)

As far as cigars, its really hard to recommend anything as everyone has different tastes and goes through a discovery process when looking for that ideal cigar. That's half the fun of this hobby/obsession. Enjoy whatever it is you decide to smoke. :-)
Right on, I figure let's face it, I have MANY other hobbies and addictions, so each one gets it's own budget and whatnot. So even if it holds 75 cigars, that's enough before I start smoking them like a bad habit.

although......http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-300GR.html 300 cigars for $110 isn't a bad price ...and 300 IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.

So I should just get the base ...300 cigar humidor from cheap humidors and the Xizar cutter, where do I order the Xizar hygrometer?
[Reply]
Page 40 of 138
« First < 30383940 41425090 > Last »
Up