Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 121 of 124
« First < 2171111119120121 122123 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Steve 02:21 PM 09-07-2020
Birthday Pour

Image
[Reply]
icehog3 03:01 PM 09-10-2020
Newest Booker's addition, Dot's Batch.

Image
[Reply]
Steve 04:04 PM 09-14-2020
Neighborhood liquor store's Barrel Select this month...

Image

Tasty!
[Reply]
stearns 04:07 PM 09-14-2020
I'm not a fan of the shelf bottle I have, but I've heard some of those single barrels of the full proof can be delicious. Glad you got a good one :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:14 PM 09-14-2020
Very nice Steve!

Anyone have any experience with the Knob Creek Single Barrel bourbon (120 proof) store picks? There are a couple different ones at Binny's about 11 years old. I've heard great things about the 14 years old sps, but not much about the 11 years.
[Reply]
jledou 04:36 PM 09-15-2020
Just picked one in KC here 2 weeks ago and tried it (1st time). I had a "couple" Oktoberfest beers before I tried it and I it was the most mint I had tasted out of a bourbon. Tried it again the next night and it was there but fainter but still there so maybe it was just me.

A couple weeks removed I will give it a go here again this week.

I know I am no help whatsoever.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:48 PM 09-15-2020
Thanks Jay. :-)

I was wrong, the Binny's ones were only 9 years. Had a gift card so grabbed one for free to give it a whirl. Picked the one with the fewest bottles left. Also grabbed the OFSBBS store pick for trade bait.

Image
[Reply]
stearns 07:43 AM 09-16-2020
Nice snag on the OF. Local store got the first barrel in CO a few weeks back, I was watching the announcement and figured "that's a little pricey for a young bottle, I'll let everybody else have their fun" then immediately saw how much other people cared about it and wished I had grabbed one or two to pass along. FWIW I did have a pour from that bottle last weekend and it was pretty good, very easy to drink for a high proof, but it still seems expensive
[Reply]
icehog3 09:47 AM 09-16-2020
The OFs are going for more than double what I paid on FB secondary groups, so I figured maybe I can get one of the '15 Booker's I need out of it. If not, I'll drink it. Had a pour last night and was pretty happy, that Beam peanut funk was front and center.
[Reply]
Steve 01:13 PM 09-16-2020
Nice picks Tom! I have really enjoyed some of the OFs lately.
[Reply]
big a 12:10 PM 09-17-2020
The OF i have had have been great. have a couple of the BP picks that are real solid. Everyone around me loves the 14-15yr KC SP. My guess is if you like bookers you will enjoy the KC SP also. I have also hear that the 14-15 year KC picks are going away/ pretty much done now.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:57 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by big a:
The OF i have had have been great. have a couple of the BP picks that are real solid. Everyone around me loves the 14-15yr KC SP. My guess is if you like bookers you will enjoy the KC SP also. I have also hear that the 14-15 year KC picks are going away/ pretty much done now.
I snagged a 15+ year old store pick for what I thought was a very reasonable price on a FB secondary group yesterday Andrew, so at least I'll get one before they go the way of the dinosaur.

Got a purty little trifecta of samples from Mr. Stearns today as well, a very nice surprise indeed. :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 10:54 PM 09-22-2020
I needed to pick up some daily sippers, went in torn between EC94 and WT101, both were on sale EC94 for $26 and WT101 $21 (PA prices) So I walked out with both!
[Reply]
stearns 08:13 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
I needed to pick up some daily sippers, went in torn between EC94 and WT101, both were on sale EC94 for $26 and WT101 $21 (PA prices) So I walked out with both!
Two winners for sure. I don't know how available picks are in PA, but a good EC store pick is as good as it gets for that price range, I usually keep a couple around
[Reply]
icehog3 09:57 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
I needed to pick up some daily sippers, went in torn between EC94 and WT101, both were on sale EC94 for $26 and WT101 $21 (PA prices) So I walked out with both!
That's what I'm talking about. Take 'em both. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:52 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thanks Jay. :-)

I was wrong, the Binny's ones were only 9 years. Had a gift card so grabbed one for free to give it a whirl. Picked the one with the fewest bottles left. Also grabbed the OFSBBS store pick for trade bait.

Image
If you can grab another OF BS, let me know. Had a taste of one recently and really liked it.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:09 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
If you can grab another OF BS, let me know. Had a taste of one recently and really liked it.
I've been looking and I am guessing we are out of luck this go-round. That last one was the only one I saw after seeing how much resale/trade value it was bringing. Flipped that one for a 2015 Booker's batch I needed. But I have been, and will continue to look. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:10 PM 09-25-2020
Last night brought Noe Hard Times. :-)

Image
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:17 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I've been looking and I am guessing we are out of luck this go-round. That last one was the only one I saw after seeing how much resale/trade value it was bringing. Flipped that one for a 2015 Booker's batch I needed. But I have been, and will continue to look. :-)
Always appreciated! Have you been able to try the bookers 30th? I have not but have heard good things. I kick myself for not buying one back when it was around 400.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:24 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Always appreciated! Have you been able to try the bookers 30th? I have not but have heard good things. I kick myself for not buying one back when it was around 400.
I haven't tried any of the variations (30th, 25th, Rye, Noe Select), Dave, and at the current prices, probably won't unless it's a pour at a bar or a friend's place. One friend promised me a sample of the Rye when he opens it. I told him the way the price is skyrocketing, keep it sealed and we can sell it and have a Maker's Mark in Maui on his dime. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 121 of 124
« First < 2171111119120121 122123 > Last »
Up