Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Reviews>Kona
BSB 10:34 AM 01-06-2011
Heavenly Hawaiian is the best Kona value I have found. Excellent quality, personal service, nice folks. Now, I don't buy roasted, so I can't comment on that. But the green is a very good deal. You can order thru their website.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:45 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by jdakine:

The 100% Kona Peaberry is the best IMHO, but way over priced. Put fresh grounds in a French Press and you will have one of the best cups of coffee you will ever drink.
Think I will have some in my press over the weekend...Thank you Jay! :-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:39 AM 01-06-2011
Love the Kona. Picked up some from an artisanal roaster in Mpls over Christmas. Fantastic, flavorful, nuanced coffee.

Don't get Kona often, only second time this year. My co-worker got a pound from a friend coming back from Hawaii and didn't want it so he gave it to me. That was a nice treat. I did make him a few cups and he enjoyed it but he doesn't care that much.

The JBM is fantastic too. Different from the Kona but still fantastic. Had some on a plantation tour in Jamaica and it was wonderful as well as the couple of pounds I brought home. Still not worth the price you have to pay here in the states. There are just too many other wonderful coffees you can for significantly lower prices.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up