Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Pit bull adoption
chippewastud79 06:21 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
Those three pit's just reinforce what I really believe. It's never the breed and always the owner. Anyone else a pit bull fan?
Hate the deed, not the breed! It is ridiculous that sweet dogs get a bad rap from a few people :-)
[Reply]
Mustang1 06:49 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Wow.
White spots too.

The part in bold?
I swear I would have said this but was afraid I was nuts.
I truly believe they are grateful.
Don't know what it is but they are.
Seems yours, the OP's and mine all had a similar initial fate but were amongst the lucky to find loving homes.

I tell everyone mine is a true ambassador for the good side of their breed.
It's true. It's like he remembers what it was like being on the street. I'm sure Layla feels the same way.

Far too many fall into the wrong hands.

As far as Vick is concerned, the only real justice would be for him to never turn another buck in football, in any capacity again. :-)
[Reply]
papichulo 07:50 PM 10-16-2008
I have a 55lb Red Nose pit named Candela. She is awesome and great with the kids. However, if I get into an arguement with my wife or wrestle my pit gets defensive on the aggressor. She does not tolerate violence. She is the best and doing well for being five years old. Below is a pic when she was about 2.

[Reply]
Tombstone 08:09 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
anyone have any tips for crating. he still is randomly pissing and craping in the house but maybe once a day.
I got my pit mix from the Humane society and they said that dogs that come from there take longer to crate train. I guess because they use the restroom in/on the floor at the humane society.
[Reply]
barbourjay 08:13 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
I got my pit mix from the Humane society and they said that dogs that come from there take longer to crate train. I guess because they use the restroom in/on the floor at the humane society.
i read that also. it's because they are basically forced to do so. i just hope he passes this phase quickly. it's kinda funny because he walks up right in front of me, doesn't make a sound and poops or pisses. i just take him out as soon as it happens. at night he stays in the crate with it next to the bed. he does get kind of upset that we don't let him up there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up