Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Warped La Colmena Amado No. 44
borndead1 10:14 PM 01-13-2024
5.5" x 44

Another Warped cigar made in 'Merica. I had to try it. Added a couple singles to a recent order.

Visually, this cigar is absolutely perfect. Good draw.

First few draws...honey, honey, honey. And a bit of ginger? The other sizes in this line are called Black Honey, and I can see why. I bet they came up with the name *after* they tried the blend.

About 1" in...honey is still there, but has been joined by a woodsy flavor. This cigar has that 'twang' that you get from Cubans. In fact, if you handed me one of these and told me it had Cuban tobacco in it, I'd believe it. It has a deep, palate-coating flavor/sensation that I only get with CCs and a very few NCs. Minor burn correction.

About 2" in...GOOD LORD, this is a good smoke. Dominant flavors of honey and wood are still the same. One more minor burn correction.

Around halfway...this cigar is so good, I'm hunting around online for the best box price and also looking at my cabinet to figure out how to stuff a couple of boxes in. :-)

A little past halfway...no major flavor changes, but DAMN this is a tasty smoke. The honey flavor has intensified. No burn corrections required since around halfway.

Toward the end...the 'strength' has gone up a notch. Dominant flavors of honey and wood have been upstaged by a more straightforward tobacco flavor with a unique herbal flavor through the nose. It's a nice transition. Let 'er die at just over 1".

Final thoughts...if all NCs were this good, I'd stop buying Cubans. :-)
[Reply]
shark 02:13 AM 01-14-2024
Atlantic has them for cheaper than most.

https://atlanticcigar.com/warped-la-...-no-44-corona/

A little more at Cigar Page
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:33 AM 01-14-2024
The couple times I’ve had these, I’ve definitely enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:46 AM 01-14-2024
Good review. Going to have to give 'em a try.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:24 AM 01-14-2024
That review has me thinkin'.... :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 01:02 PM 01-14-2024
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Good review. Going to have to give 'em a try.
Ditto. Sounds like a great cigar!
[Reply]
Up