Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 350
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 01:21 PM 11-30-2008
Got back from the gym a little less than an hour ago. Eating now. Today seriously sucked. Please remind me never to take 2 weeks off. I should have at least done some cardio. My stamina sucked. My muscles felt weak. Oh ... and I had my first asthma attack (mild, thankfully) in several months and didn't have my inhaler. Oy.

Glad to be back on the wagon, though. :-) :-)
The Professor 01:26 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Leg workout today....not particularly strong, but got an awesome pump and still feel it now. Too much "crap food" over the past two days, me thinks.
I did legs today, too -- really wanted to get a good stretch in my hams and glutes since they've felt sore from all the traveling. Tried Zercher squats for the first time. Those take more arm strength than I realized. LoL! Did some stiff-legged deads, snatch-grip deads, and regular deads to follow up. My ass is gonna be killing me tomorrow. :-)
icehog3 01:33 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I did legs today, too -- really wanted to get a good stretch in my hams and glutes since they've felt sore from all the traveling. Tried Zercher squats for the first time. Those take more arm strength than I realized. LoL! Did some stiff-legged deads, snatch-grip deads, and regular deads to follow up. My ass is gonna be killing me tomorrow. :-)
Well, that is a helluva way to get back in the saddle, Dokk. :-)

I just went with squats and seated hamstring curls....have a game Tuesday and don't want to be too depleted then. The squats were enough to do me in. :-)
The Professor 01:56 PM 11-30-2008
Well, that is a helluva way to get back in the saddle, Dokk. :-)

I just went with squats and seated hamstring curls....have a game Tuesday and don't want to be too depleted then. The squats were enough to do me in. :-)
I can't do squats b/c of my shoulder. :-) I should also note that I didn't/couldn't go too heavy with anything. My last set of deads (only at 185), I did faster than I've ever done deads before. I probably could have hit 225 that fast; but my lower back (like, sacrum area) was sore, so I stopped. :-) I'll do some cardio, stretching, and shoulder rehab tomorrow.
BigFrank 02:58 PM 11-30-2008
Damn sorry to hear your workout sucked Prof. Thats kind of odd, only 2 weeks shouldnt have done you in that bad.

Whats bugging your shoulder that you cant do squats?
The Professor 03:10 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Damn sorry to hear your workout sucked Prof. Thats kind of odd, only 2 weeks shouldnt have done you in that bad.

Whats bugging your shoulder that you cant do squats?
I'm a wreck, Frank. :-)

Don't know for sure what's wrong with the right shoulder. Still haven't found a good sports doc around here; but I haven't tried as hard as I should. The clearest symptoms are (a) a popping half-way down (not up) a flat bench motion and (b) a pain in the front part of the rotator cuff. Even holding the bar for a squat ends up putting a good deal of strain on the cuff; so I'm taking some time off from anything upper body that could strain it.

The bigger issues today were (a) total crap nutrition for the last 2 weeks and (b) posterior chain soreness from all the travel and conference-going. I spent almost 10 hours in the driver seat of my wife's car over the Thanksgiving vacation ... and it hurts my lower back from almost the second I sit in it. :-)

Anyway, I'm sure the crap day is a result of poor nutrition and the existent soreness. It'll get better by the end of the week. :-)
BigFrank 05:31 PM 11-30-2008
Ya those factors will sure leave ya a mess.

Dunno about the shoulder issue, do you get the same pains even with lighter weights?
cvm4 05:37 PM 11-30-2008
I decided not to try and make-up chest and back. I'm gonna start fresh with bi/tri on Tuesday.
The Professor 06:06 PM 11-30-2008
Ya those factors will sure leave ya a mess.

Dunno about the shoulder issue, do you get the same pains even with lighter weights?
I did ... which is why I cut out everything except for a circuit of rehab exercises. It's doing better, though -- no popping today. :-)
BigFrank 06:16 PM 11-30-2008
Damn that sucks, just keep the rehab going. Let it take time to heal up.

Tom heres an article I ran across.
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/off_ice_cond.htm
icehog3 08:10 PM 11-30-2008
Damn that sucks, just keep the rehab going. Let it take time to heal up.

Tom heres an article I ran across.
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/off_ice_cond.htm
Thanks Frank...If I can translate that from "weightless" exercises to something with weights, might be fun! :-)
BigFrank 03:53 PM 12-01-2008
Your Welcome Tom, I didnt read much into it to be honest. Just saw the hockey reference figured it would be at least worth a read.

Chest Just Finished
Bench
380x5 - 380x5 - 380x7(PR) Wanted to go for 8 but no spotter. Very upsetting.
DB floor Press
125x10x3
V Bar Press Downs
60x20 - 60x14 Massive Burn and pump stop me short last set
Dips
Bodyweight + 90x5x3 Final set of just Bodyweight 25 reps.
Genetic Defect 04:33 PM 12-01-2008
tried dren and drank a coffee today, made me sleepy.:-)
icehog3 05:18 PM 12-01-2008
Great bench session, Frank. :-)

Thumbs down on the Dren at this point, Perry?
BigFrank 05:19 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
tried dren and drank a coffee today, made me sleepy.:-)
double negative?

I never could drink coffee always makes me bloated and tired.

yes I winz!11!!!!!1
Genetic Defect 05:22 PM 12-01-2008

double negative?
Tom, you are correct a waste of $$$ so far. you would be better off with vivarin over Dren.
I never could drink coffee always makes me bloated and tired.

yes I winz!11!!!!!1
Coffee never did that to me back to the books to find something else.
BigFrank 06:02 PM 12-01-2008
I took Animal Cuts a few times before they banned ephedra. That was some good ****! Gave me the jitters but I would be amped all day. Dunno what else is out there. I would say just get a bottle of caffeine =/
A lot of people lately have been staying away from stimulants. A lot of new research is saying that taking them outside of the optimal window(pre exercise) increases cortisol in the body in large amounts.
Genetic Defect 06:05 PM 12-01-2008
any links? thats sounds like an interesting twist to previous way of thoughts.
BigFrank 07:46 PM 12-01-2008
Just google "caffeine and cortisol" there is a lot of info on this subject. Tons of articles.
Genetic Defect 07:48 PM 12-01-2008
Just google "caffeine and cortisol" there is a lot of info on this subject. Tons of articles.
just google it, eh? search nazi:-) will do who knows how this may alter ones mind.
Page 24 of 350
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
Up