Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain Habano 550
Chris. 01:08 PM 09-21-2009
Cain habano 550

Some of you may remember my Maduro review of this cigar. It can be found HERE.
This cigar has a toothy wrapper. It's not flawless, but it is a bargain stick at ~$6. It is firm all the way down.

It is powerful but smooth with first few puffs. Good finish. Nutty and woody. Power eases up a little about .25" in. Finish is now earthy. The burn is not perfect but not bad.

An inch in: flavors are more complex. The power seems to come and go with every other puff. Still smooth.

Second third: not as powerful but you get a hint of the power through the nose for a second. Still smooth. Leather on the palate now.
I've had a few burn problems but it was probably due to the very breezy afternoon, the week long rain, and me surfing the interweb.

Overall, this is a good cigar. I think I prefer the Maduro over this one, but I would not count this one out at all. The draw was great, and it left a great finish on my palate.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:57 PM 09-21-2009
Nice review Chris!!
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:14 PM 09-21-2009
Very nice review. I've had two of these now and really enjoy them. Haven't smoked my maddy yet...but it's time is near.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 02:27 PM 09-21-2009
Excellent review! I have 5 waiting their turn to burn.
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 02:29 PM 09-21-2009
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:29 PM 09-21-2009
Thanks for the review. I pick one up today.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 03:53 PM 09-21-2009
Great review and pics Chris...thanks!
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 03:55 PM 09-21-2009
Chris, excellant review and very nice pic's my brother. I gotta agree with you, I enjoyed the Habano but I truely believe the Maduro Cain has more "punch" to it!
[Reply]
sofaman 04:10 PM 09-21-2009
Thanks for the review I smoked my first Maduro yesterday and loved it. Now I have to try the Habano :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 05:18 PM 09-21-2009
Very nice review and awesome pics.

Thanks
[Reply]
Chris. 06:29 PM 09-21-2009
Thanks everyone! Definitely get one of these! It's worth a shot for the price!!
[Reply]
borndead1 07:11 AM 09-22-2009
I am interested in these.

HK3 and I were at the B&M the other day and the Oliva rep was there. We both asked him if he had any Cains, but he wouldn't give us any because we were smoking CCs and not Olivas. :-)

Next time I will just lie. :-)
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:14 AM 09-22-2009
Just out of curiosity, what does your B&M owner think about you smoking CC's in his shop?
[Reply]
HK3- 07:17 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
I am interested in these.

HK3 and I were at the B&M the other day and the Oliva rep was there. We both asked him if he had any Cains, but he wouldn't give us any because we were smoking CCs and not Olivas. :-)

Next time I will just lie. :-)
:-) I did get to try the NUB Maduro and thought it was pretty decent.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:18 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
Just out of curiosity, what does your B&M owner think about you smoking CC's in his shop?

The actual owner is hardly ever there. The former employees were halfway knowledgeable about cigars and were cool with it. The newer employees don't even come into the lounge.

EDIT: I will buy a cigar there and smoke it there once in a while. Their prices are downright STOOPID. Like $4/stick for Quorums and Alcazars, $7/stick for Oliva G robustos, $6/stick for the short filller La Vieja Habanas, crap like that. When they had JFRs for $5/stick I would buy them.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:19 AM 09-22-2009
I don't think they know the difference in a CC, NC, or an MC Hammer. :-):-)

I believe it's the don't ask, don't tell policy.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:31 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
The actual owner is hardly ever there. The former employees were halfway knowledgeable about cigars and were cool with it. The newer employees don't even come into the lounge.

EDIT: I will buy a cigar there and smoke it there once in a while. Their prices are downright STOOPID. Like $4/stick for Quorums and Alcazars, $7/stick for Oliva G robustos, $6/stick for the short filller La Vieja Habanas, crap like that. When they had JFRs for $5/stick I would buy them.
Look on the top shelf... they have a bundle (20 sticks) of Alcazars for $99

:-)

Sorry for the thread jack.

I would be interested in trying these Cains only because of the high content of Ligero they contain. When I can find one I will make the purchase.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:36 AM 09-22-2009
Great review and pics bro!! :-)
[Reply]
Chris. 08:54 AM 09-22-2009
The B&M I got the Cains from doesn't care what you smoke as long as the band is off the CC. Don't really know why they care, but oh well. Of course I buy a few cigars every time I go there, so they really don't care what I smoke. lol
[Reply]
longknocker 05:13 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
The B&M I got the Cains from doesn't care what you smoke as long as the band is off the CC. Don't really know why they care, but oh well. Of course I buy a few cigars every time I go there, so they really don't care what I smoke. lol
Great Review, Chris! How long did you rest the Cains?:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up