Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 198
« First < 40484950 515260100150 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Aero95 11:42 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Check out:

Malones
Sal's
[Reply]
76GTFan 08:30 AM 04-14-2011
What is the hype with the White Dog Mash? Grabbed a bottle of it and it tasted like I thought it would. Unbarreled bourbon whiskey. I think more of a novelty than a tasty product. I love Buffalo Trace, but now I understand why this was originally only sold in the gift shop.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:05 AM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
What is the hype with the White Dog Mash? Grabbed a bottle of it and it tasted like I thought it would. Unbarreled bourbon whiskey. I think more of a novelty than a tasty product. I love Buffalo Trace, but now I understand why this was originally only sold in the gift shop.
I think it is just a novelty, but to me it is a tasty novelty. Its interesting to be able to taste the product so you know how much barrel aging really affects the whiskey.
[Reply]
Trent0341 11:26 AM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
Great thread! My wife just surprised me with a weekend trip to the bourbon trail in April. I have chosen Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, Woodford, and if we have time Wild Turkey. All I have to do now is find a good restaurant in the Lexington area.
Like Macsauce said both Malones or Sals are good. If you hit Malones I highly recommend the bone in filet. If you're looking for something other than a steak Bellinis is nice on Main St. Enjoy your trip (assuming its not already over)
[Reply]
macsauce13 12:17 PM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by Trent0341:
Like Macsauce said both Malones or Sals are good. If you hit Malones I highly recommend the bone in filet. If you're looking for something other than a steak Bellinis is nice on Main St. Enjoy your trip (assuming its not already over)
Also Murray's! and again for a lunch or 'snack' Alf-Alfa's downtown is really good!
[Reply]
ODLS1 02:54 PM 04-14-2011
Finally picked up some Bulleit bourbon. Pretty nice. I was hoping for a little more to it. Fairly mellow, but the flavors that are there are pretty nice. Maybe I've just been drinking too much Weller 12yr recently.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:18 PM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by shemp:
bought the kirkland borboun, and for $20.00 it is very nice. Over a cube is the best i think, but even neet it is decent. It is much better than many other equivelant low end burbouns out there. I would put it on a playing field with buffalo trace or makers.
Good to hear. I saw it for the first time last weekend. I have to finish off the Blantons before I buy another bottle of Bourbon.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:41 PM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
Finally picked up some Bulleit bourbon. Pretty nice. I was hoping for a little more to it. Fairly mellow, but the flavors that are there are pretty nice. Maybe I've just been drinking too much Weller 12yr recently.
I guess I've just missed something with the Bullitt! Had a bottle gifted me 4-5 years ago, and I found it to be almost too harsh to drink. I gave it away, with only 2 drinks poured out of it. Haven't had the desire to re-try. Maybe I'd better look for a small bottle, and see if I am missing something, or if Bullitt just doesn't agree with my tastebuds!!!
[Reply]
ODLS1 07:08 PM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I guess I've just missed something with the Bullitt! Had a bottle gifted me 4-5 years ago, and I found it to be almost too harsh to drink. I gave it away, with only 2 drinks poured out of it. Haven't had the desire to re-try. Maybe I'd better look for a small bottle, and see if I am missing something, or if Bullitt just doesn't agree with my tastebuds!!!
I heard it was fairly spicy, but I didn't really get that. The more intense flavor is the more I like it, with anything.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:53 PM 04-14-2011
I also found bullitt to be harsh,shared it with my buds while out ice fishing,heck they drink anything :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:55 PM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by Ken:
Yep, you can't always judge a bourbon by the sticker. The WSR is good stuff. I even prefer it over the Antique 107. I enjoy the taste of the 4 Roses SB compared to the Single Barrell, which sames me money. There's a lot of value to being a bourbon drinker.
I agree I like the small batch four roses better than the single barrel. Although given the choice I'd gladly close my eyes and drink either.

I'll pick up a bottle of WSR and see what I think. Maybe tomorrow.

I generally avoid cheap booze because I hate the hangovers. Although frankly even Jim Beam goes down plenty fine with me and that's like $35 for 1.75 liters. However, cheap tequila....:-)

Good tequila :-)
[Reply]
ODLS1 08:10 PM 04-14-2011
Yea WSR > Jim Beam for sure. They are usually the same price. I've been wanting to try the small batch FR forever. Single Barrel is excellent IMO.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:13 PM 04-14-2011
Don't hesitate, the small batch is very good especially for the price. ~$28 or so last I remember. I've definitely killed a few bottles, and I'll say they didn't last more than 2 ...MAYBE 3 days. Very tasty.
[Reply]
ODLS1 09:49 PM 04-14-2011
I just don't have the money to buy bottles anymore. I really had to convince myself to buy that Bulleit, haha. I drink way more beer (homebrew :-) ), just have small pours of bourbon here and there. It's definitely on the list though. It's around $23 here.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:10 PM 04-14-2011
Oh wow nice, someday I'll get into homebrewing......someday.
[Reply]
fricky 08:47 AM 04-15-2011
Is anybody going to The Bourbon Sampler in Bardstown Kentucky? The sampler is one of The Boubon Festival events. All of the major distillers are present and handing out samples of their bourbon in glasses with their logo. You may keep the glasses. In addition, local restaurants and caterers have tables with various food items. It is a great opportunity to taste various bourbons and meet master distillers. The cost is $40 and well worth it.
[Reply]
Ken 12:13 PM 04-20-2011
Maybe I've just been drinking too much Weller 12yr recently.
I just don't see the problem. :-)

Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I guess I've just missed something with the Bullitt!
Me personally, I bought a bottle, drank it, and walk past it now. This applies to the new Early Times release as well.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:08 PM 04-21-2011
Alright I have to admit I was going to pick up a bottle of WSR but this bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye caught my eye. So I scored that instead.
[Reply]
ODLS1 12:39 PM 04-22-2011
I just picked up (I have got to stop convincing myself to buy stuff, hah) Bulleit Rye 95 for my first Rye. Not bad. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was expecting it to be a little different.
[Reply]
Parshooter 08:13 AM 04-28-2011
I just picked up (I have got to stop convincing myself to buy stuff, hah) Bulleit Rye 95 for my first Rye. Not bad. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was expecting it to be a little different.
I tried some of this last night. Definitly was missing something. It didn't have the sweet, spicy that I've had in some ryes. I think I'll stick to the regular Bulleit.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 198
« First < 40484950 515260100150 > Last »
Up