Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Crime and Punishment
Katmancross 01:20 PM 02-10-2011

Last night, my son in law literally took down a 3 time loser... big time drug dealer.
They wrestled to the ground in a scuffle to get the cuffs on him. My son in law removed this from his possession.
This guy is going to do 40-45 years.
Now it's mine.
Attached:
Ashcan Bill 01:31 PM 02-10-2011
Cool. :-)
Dave128 01:44 PM 02-10-2011
Seems a bit fishy to me......

Why would a lighter be confiscated from someone? Was there motive? I should think this would fall under theft of property, cop or not. Also, if not theft and there was some sort of motive, would this be classified as evidence tampering?
hscmit 01:49 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:

Why would a lighter be confiscated from someone? Was there motive? I should think this would fall under theft of property, cop or not. Also, if not theft and there was some sort of motive, would this be classified as evidence tampering?
x2
stuff like this is what gives cops a bad name
Zeuceone 01:51 PM 02-10-2011
is this made up? sure doesnt look good.
Katmancross 01:51 PM 02-10-2011

And you would be wrong...Police policy is to throw away anything combustible at the scene. Or throw it in their trunks. It had nothing to do with the event or crime.
"Yes your honor....we did find 4 kilos of cocaine and 1.5 kilos of marijuana on the defendant...and oh yeah...a lighter with a some kind of leaf on it."
safariguy 01:52 PM 02-10-2011
No. Not cool. Not cool at all. As a police officer I find this offensive. I hope your son in law does not get put in prison also. That would be a shame.
Dave128 01:53 PM 02-10-2011
Enjoy using that stolen property.
Katmancross 01:55 PM 02-10-2011
Enjoy using that stolen property.
Thank you, I will.
loki 01:56 PM 02-10-2011
so it was theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority?
DPD6030 01:57 PM 02-10-2011
I can hope that this doesn't get back to his boss. This could be the end of your son's career over a post on the internet. I don't know of any police policy to throw away items belonging to another person, whether it was confiscated or not. :-)
timj219 01:58 PM 02-10-2011
Let's all gloat for awhile about somebody spending the rest of their life in prison for breaking the idiotic drug laws. If you'd received a few dozen of those lighters it might have paid for your share of his upkeep in prison.
Katmancross 02:01 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
so it was theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority?
I will say this one more time...the policy of the police department is to discard any combustible item found on the person arrested, unless germaine to the arrest or the law that was broken.
It is the policy of the police department....got it?
loki 02:04 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by Katmancross:
I will say this one more time...the policy of the police department is to discard any combustible item found on the person arrested, unless germaine to the arrest or the law that was broken.
so it's still theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority.....got it? and the word you're looking for is germane....I hope I never run into you, or your son in law
Katmancross 02:07 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I can hope that this doesn't get back to his boss. This could be the end of your son's career over a post on the internet. I don't know of any police policy to throw away items belonging to another person, whether it was confiscated or not. :-)
You not being aware of a specific police policy does not change anything...
This was a big bust. The scene was full of his bosses. He did nothing illegal.
loki 02:08 PM 02-10-2011
You not being aware of a specific police policy does not change anything...
This was a big bust. The scene was full of his bosses. He did nothing illegal.
:-)
grateful1 02:09 PM 02-10-2011
Attachment 8721

Last night, my son in law literally took down a 3 time loser... big time drug dealer.
They wrestled to the ground in a scuffle to get the cuffs on him. My son in law removed this from his possession.
This guy is going to do 40-45 years.
Now it's mine.
Makes one wonder what else has been taken.

Katmancross 02:10 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
so it's still theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority.....got it? and the word you're looking for is germane....I hope I never run into you, or your son in law
LOL!
Katmancross 02:11 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by grateful1:
Makes one wonder what else has been taken.

Maybe a box of matches or half a roll of Rolaids.....
DPD6030 02:14 PM 02-10-2011
Discarding of it is one thing, giving the property to another that was supposed to be discarded or destroyed is another. :-)

Anyone have any itch cream? My butt is beginning to itch :-)
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up