Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 59 of 69
« First < 949575859 6061 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
OnePyroTec 10:06 PM 03-15-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

This is the latest addition to my meerschaum family, an F. Baki...

Good looking Baki Mark :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:30 AM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I have a sealed tin but haven't cracked it open yet. I may on Thursday. I heard last year's was fantastic which they now make as a regular blend called Founders Choice.
Thanks for the info. Might have to pick up a tin.
[Reply]
jsnake 08:33 AM 03-18-2016
ImagePicked up this 2014 Savinelli St. Nicholas and some great Christmas baccy.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:59 PM 03-18-2016
Great looking Savinelli Jake:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 10:20 AM 03-21-2016
Todays mail call. Something new from C&D and some Latakia Flake. :-)

[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:20 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Todays mail call. Something new from C&D and some Latakia Flake. :-)

You got a black market Germains dealer Stevie?
[Reply]
stevieray 12:55 PM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
You got a black market Germains dealer Stevie?
nope...just get lucky.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:50 AM 03-22-2016
I finally got a brick of Semois during the P&C free shipping day. Also new on the menu is a tin of Rattray's Wallace Flake and a 2 year old tin of C&D Pirate Kake from JR's on drive back from JAWgia. The Wallace Flake and Semois are spectacular and I'm looking forward to putting some words down in review once a few more bowls are incinerated.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 03:57 PM 04-01-2016
Order from P&C came in today including my first MM cob!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:42 PM 04-03-2016
Stevieray, you'll have to let us known how that new C&D Small Batch smokes.

Seth, enjoy the new cob. Did you buy some filters for it, or are you gonna smoke it without?

I was recently down San Diego way attending a seminar, and I decided to stay over on Friday close by to do a mini herf with Adam (Adamjoshua) at Liberty Tobacco. Later before leaving, I perused their pipe tobacco area and found an aged tin of C&D Bailey's Front Porch sitting in there "git rid of" area. The cool thing about it was, the tin is from 12/2005, with the lid and bottom of the tin bulging outwards. So it had been sitting there for quite some time just fermenting. And, you can't go wrong with a $10 sticker price including tax, license, and drive it off the lot....:-)

The blend is burley, latakia, perique, and virginia. Tin aroma is out of site:-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:01 AM 04-04-2016
That's Pete's cob but I'm strictly no-filter in all my pipes. I'm considering trying out the savinelli's wood filters just out of curiosity though, the trick will be remembering to take it out after a smoke or two.

Pete: How do you like the Black Shag? I've been reaching for that quite a bit recently and really enjoy it.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:23 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
That's Pete's cob but I'm strictly no-filter in all my pipes. I'm considering trying out the savinelli's wood filters just out of curiosity though, the trick will be remembering to take it out after a smoke or two.

Pete: How do you like the Black Shag? I've been reaching for that quite a bit recently and really enjoy it.
I haven't tried it yet unfortunately. Got a new puppy on Saturday and haven't had much free time. 😂 I did open it and it smells very fruity with sweet tobacco and earth notes.
[Reply]
nutcracker 09:01 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:

1.) I hate filters. My buddy Hektor makes these:

http://www.hwiebepipes.com/

Less gurgle for sure. Hektor is also an all-round decent kid who can use the cash if you are after something different....

2.) I love Black Shag - but in small doses in a rotation - the burning tires aroma can be a bit much if you are hitting it every day!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 09:36 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

Seth, enjoy the new cob. Did you buy some filters for it, or are you gonna smoke it without?
I am not planning on using filters with my cob. Never really thought about using them and don't really know much about them.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:30 AM 04-05-2016
@Neil, funny you post that, I just came across that link a few days ago and have the page pulled up on my phone so I could check it out when time permits. Interesting and non-traditional but I have to say I'm interested. It never hurts to have a few oddball burners in the rotation.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:07 PM 04-15-2016
Mail call...gotta strike while the iron's hot. Should be all set for a while.

[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 04:33 PM 04-15-2016

Wow!! Nice pick ups.

I just placed an order on the 4 tin special.

Bengal Slices
Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture
Dunhill Flake
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired Flake
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:39 PM 04-15-2016
Good grief - what an incredible selection!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:36 PM 04-15-2016
Mail call...gotta strike while the iron's hot. Should be all set for a while...

:-)...You Pig!!!:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 07:17 AM 04-16-2016

Damn!!!! Never got an email. Which retailer?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 69
« First < 949575859 6061 > Last »
Up