Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Anejo - No 55
bruceolee 10:06 AM 02-24-2022
https://arturofuente.com/our-cigars/anejo/

Birthday review number one today. My father bought me this cigar at christmas and I wanted to wait until my birthday to review it. I've always enjoyed the Fuente lines but can't recall ever smoking anything from the Anejo line so this should be fun. So, here it goes! Let's start birthday review #1!

Wrapper: A gorgeous reddish milk chocolate wrapper with almost no veins

Draw: Perfect with just enough resistance.

Spiciness up front, earthiness, leather, toastiness, hints of coffee, mild chocolate, forest floor, All these barrel aged tobaccos have a distinct flavor profile to them that is not unpleasant, savory steak-like flavors, white pepper, Very faint hints of cayenne, woodiness,

leather, spiciness, pepper, hints of cocoa, well spiced steak, earthiness, slightly creamy finish., still has that first floor vibe, So this really reminds me a lot of a perdomo BBA,

spiciness, leather, nuttiness, hints of cocoa, cedar, well seasoned steak, earthiness, hints of forest floor, campfire,

Ash/Burn: ash held tight the entire cigar, nice and white. The burn was fairly even throughout.

Final Thoughts: So this cigar really reminded me of a Perdomo BBA and i imagine all barrel aged cigars have this particular flavor profile. This was a great cigar from start to finish. Price-wise not the most expensive Fuente available either. It really had a meaty/steakiness throughout the cigar that would make a great dinner cigar. I can imagine eating a ribeye along with this. If you love barrel aged cigars i highly recommend this and i am becoming a fan of them. If you can afford it I would say just buy a box but at the very least pick yourself up a 5 pack. So, this is the first of 2 birthday reviews I'm doing so let's get on with one more! God bless you all and hope you enjoyed this review!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:53 AM 02-25-2022
I hope you enjoyed your Birthday Jason. Cool that your Dad bought you the Anejo! :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 08:04 AM 02-25-2022
IMHO the Anejo series is the best thing that AF makes. The 77 is probably a top 10 for me.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:12 AM 02-25-2022
P.S....

Jason, did you just add your Birthday to your profile yesterday? I swear there were no BDays on the site calendar early yesterday morning.
[Reply]
bruceolee 08:30 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
P.S....

Jason, did you just add your Birthday to your profile yesterday? I swear there were no BDays on the site calendar early yesterday morning.
I did switch it to public yesterday afternoon. I couldn't find it either and was wondering why my name hadn't come up. You're not going insane I had just failed to make it public
[Reply]
icehog3 08:51 AM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I did switch it to public yesterday afternoon. I couldn't find it either and was wondering why my name hadn't come up. You're not going insane I had just failed to make it public
Thanks, I'm usually up on that stuff with active Inmates. I'm no more insane than Jack Torrance then. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:06 AM 02-25-2022
Hope it was a Happy and Blessed Birthday! :-)

The Aņejo is one of my favorite smokes. :-)
[Reply]
Up