Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>New and hilarious flavors!
Doctorossi 08:49 AM 10-07-2009
So, last night, I was smoking an Illusione Holy Lance and I was about to hit that point (usually about 60% of the way in) where a lot of cigars start to pick up some creaminess in their flavor. When it hit, in this one, it was a very fatty taste of full, heavy cream as opposed to that I get with most sticks- a flavor I would describe more as "milk solids". This alone was a new experience, but here's where it gets crazy, and I swear this is the truth.

The last puff I took before the whole cream appeared: dry cat food. Yes, distinctly.

I had a good, long laugh about the cat food/whole cream one-two punch. I guess the Holy Lance is really a cigar for pussies.

Can anyone share a similar experience? Not cat food, necessarily, but the appearance of a flavor utterly out of left-field and not in any way vague? What startled you?
[Reply]
poriggity 08:53 AM 10-07-2009
Can't say I've ever had that experience, although I wouldn't say my pallette is uber-refined. I can say, without a doubt, if I ever taste cat food in my cigar, its getting pitched immediately. I don't smoke them for that flavor.
Scott
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:54 AM 10-07-2009
Cat food? that is a first brother!!
[Reply]
Slavac 09:01 AM 10-07-2009
Beats the hell out of the 'hunk of soap' taste I got off of a Punch CC.
[Reply]
acarr 09:15 AM 10-07-2009
I prefer mine to have the dog food taste myself.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:53 AM 10-07-2009
Image:-)
Never had it and hope I never do!!!
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:25 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Dude! Nice cab of La Flor Purina! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:32 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
So, last night, I was smoking an Illusione Holy Lance and I was about to hit that point (usually about 60% of the way in) where a lot of cigars start to pick up some creaminess in their flavor. When it hit, in this one, it was a very fatty taste of full, heavy cream as opposed to that I get with most sticks- a flavor I would describe more as "milk solids". This alone was a new experience, but here's where it gets crazy, and I swear this is the truth.

The last puff I took before the whole cream appeared: dry cat food. Yes, distinctly.

I had a good, long laugh about the cat food/whole cream one-two punch. I guess the Holy Lance is really a cigar for pussies.

Can anyone share a similar experience? Not cat food, necessarily, but the appearance of a flavor utterly out of left-field and not in any way vague? What startled you?

I'm slightly curious about how you know what dry cat food tastes like.

What's next? Tasting Dinki-Di in an Anejo?
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:44 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
I'm slightly curious about how you know what dry cat food tastes like.
Seventh reply... that's about what I'd expected. :-)
[Reply]
Jokermann 12:50 PM 10-07-2009
Smoking a RSE JUN 01 RG Corona Extra over a year ago, I got a distinct mustard taste. Took me a min to put my finger on it while smoking, but sure enough, French's Yellow Mustard!
[Reply]
Scottw 01:19 PM 10-07-2009
Meow!
[Reply]
smokin5 01:28 PM 10-07-2009
I'm waiting for the cigar that provides subtle nuances of
bacon cheeseburger.:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:37 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
I'm waiting for the cigar that provides subtle nuances of
bacon cheeseburger.:-)
I've gotten bacon before but no cheeseburger :-)
[Reply]
RightAJ 01:58 PM 10-07-2009
I have definitely noticed a fish food smell on sticks, but not in the taste. Seems odd but I generally like smokes with this faint smell

aj
[Reply]
The Poet 03:34 PM 10-07-2009
Cream and cat food? Doc, are you self-medicating again?
[Reply]
ade06 03:49 PM 10-07-2009
Do you use cat litter as you humi device instead of beads? If so, I think it's time for an upgrade :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:51 PM 10-07-2009
People joke about pencil lead, but I have gotten that before, on different sticks in fact. And a metallic sort of flavor that reminded me of the way burning magnesium smells, if that makes sense.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 04:51 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
People joke about pencil lead, but I have gotten that before, on different sticks in fact. And a metallic sort of flavor that reminded me of the way burning magnesium smells, if that makes sense.
it does!:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:39 PM 10-07-2009
I'm smoking a Party Corona right now and I figured I would get some more info on this stick so I went onto a CC site and they had the flavor profile as "ANIMAL" WTF?
[Reply]
timo 07:43 PM 10-07-2009
I had a cigar today it was the strangest thing. It tasted like a.......cigar. How freakin weird is that
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up