Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 256 of 270
« First < 156206246254255256 257258266 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
MarkinAZ 08:54 PM 04-03-2017
Well, I'm just going to say it. There's some nice looking meat on this page:-):-):-)
[Reply]
kydsid 06:03 PM 05-25-2017
A new thermometer is in mine. Needed a new dual probe remote setup. Saw that thermowerks decided to compete with Maverick and decided to get the Caddy of thermometers. Lord knows I've killed enough cheapies. Very well built. And even though a leave in reads in 5 seconds!

[Reply]
kydsid 07:28 PM 05-27-2017
A Big Beautiful Brisket. She was a porker I tells ya though. Took 3lbs of fat off in trim.

ImageUntitled by kydsid, on Flickr

All seasoned up to go on tomorrow so shes ready for Monday.

[Reply]
pnoon 07:34 PM 05-27-2017
Yowza!
[Reply]
hammondc 02:41 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Saw that thermowerks decided to compete with Maverick.....

[/img]
I have the same one. I've been through 3 of those POS Mavericks. Pure garbage. The thermoworks is GREAT. And they have the wifi add on due out anytime now.
[Reply]
Steve 12:50 PM 06-02-2017
32 lbs of butts and a 18 lb brisket. 50 leg quarters go on tomorrow. Fun part is 50% rain today and even more tomorrow when I am supposed to feed a graduation party. ARGH!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:00 PM 06-02-2017
A new thermometer is in mine. Needed a new dual probe remote setup. Saw that thermowerks decided to compete with Maverick and decided to get the Caddy of thermometers. Lord knows I've killed enough cheapies. Very well built. And even though a leave in reads in 5 seconds!

:-)...Nice Caddy Jason:-)
[Reply]
kydsid 06:53 AM 06-03-2017
Originally Posted by Steve:
32 lbs of butts and a 18 lb brisket. 50 leg quarters go on tomorrow. Fun part is 50% rain today and even more tomorrow when I am supposed to feed a graduation party. ARGH!
What size poncho does the Lang wear?
[Reply]
T.G 09:18 AM 06-03-2017
Did some stuffed portobello mushrooms.

Started out with a can of low sodium black beans, drained, rinsed, tossed with olive oil, then spread out on a perforated tray in the pellet grill, cooked at 400F until they are dry (about 20-25 minutes). Most will split open and be a little crunchy (they will re-hydrate from the juices in the filling mix)

Mix dried beans with some skinned, fire-roasted chopped poblano peppers, diced onion, a can of seasoned tomatoes in sauce, smoked mozzarella, garlic, basil, oregano.

Threw the stems in the container in the freezer for making vegetable stock, then stuffed the portebella caps with the mixture above. Put back into the pellet grill on max (425F ish) for about 30-45 minutes or so, until the mushroom softens a little bit.

Normally I would have run them on the smoke setting for an hour or so before cranking the temp, but I was running behind so I added some smashed up kingsford briquettes to the pellet mix in the hopper.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:30 PM 06-04-2017
Started smoking my baked bean recipe that I already think is killer. Not that smoking beans is anything new but man does it add some really nice flavor and depth.:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:31 AM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Started smoking my baked bean recipe that I already think is killer. Not that smoking beans is anything new but man does it add some really nice flavor and depth.:-)
Above or below the meat?
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:05 AM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Above or below the meat?
I go above the meat. Don't like anything in between the smoke and my meat if I can help it. This is with a vertical smoker FYI. Would work fine on a typical grill or standard barrel/pellet smoker by putting it beside the meat......hey we're still talking about what I think we're talking about right? :-)
[Reply]
G-Rex42 10:49 PM 06-05-2017
Best new toy is my smoker. I've been working on Tri-Tip. I have a sweet spicy dry rub and wrap my Tri-Tip in bacon. It's been fairly good so far. I've also used maple syrup to keep my dry rub on. Any tips are welcome.

Thank you,

Alyce
[Reply]
kydsid 08:25 PM 06-06-2017
This whole thread is full of tips. If you got questions ask. Just saying any advice might never get an answer because we might never finish typing.

Good luck with the new toy. The more you enjoy it the more you'll learn. Enliven the **** ups can taste good sometimes.
[Reply]
Steve 08:28 PM 06-06-2017
This whole thread is full of tips. If you got questions ask. Just saying any advice might never get an answer because we might never finish typing.

Good luck with the new toy. The more you enjoy it the more you'll learn. Enliven the **** ups can taste good sometimes.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:36 AM 06-12-2017
Hadn't used the Mini UDS in a while...2 3lb chuckies seemed like the perfect reason to dust it off!...SPOG with some Bovine Bold and a sprinkle of coffe rub....RO lump with some hickory....ran 275-300....foiled in a pan with some beer at 170....pulled and rested at 195....these were juicy and pulled/shredded easily....piled high on a toasted bun and topped with a dill pickle slaw my daughter made...TASTY!!

[Reply]
Steve 08:20 AM 06-12-2017
Looking tasty Keith, bark looks awesome!
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:22 AM 06-12-2017
Pit Barrel Turkey this weekend.

Used the seasoning TioGato sent me in the Troop Support Auction.
Thanks, Jeff, it was mighty tasty. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:27 AM 06-12-2017
I want to buy one of those pit barrel smokers so badly. I think if I got a fourth grill/smoker my wife would make me live in one of them.....:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:42 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Pit Barrel Turkey this weekend.

Used the seasoning TioGato sent me in the Troop Support Auction.
Thanks, Jeff, it was mighty tasty. :-)
Nice....how big of a bird/how long of a cook?
[Reply]
Page 256 of 270
« First < 156206246254255256 257258266 > Last »
Up