Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>MRI Results
DragonMan 08:58 PM 11-10-2008
My left knee has been hurting for a while and medication wasn't working. I went to an orthopedic surgeon who had a MRI done on it. Well I got the results today!! The good news is it's not arthritis, at least the Doctor didn't mention arthritis. It appears that I have torn my Medial meniscus:

The Doctor will be performing arthroscopy and debridement on my left knee in a couple weeks, November 25. Has anyone had this done and did it help? :-)

[Reply]
Cenookie 09:20 PM 11-10-2008
I tore my lateral meniscus a few years back, sidelined me for a couple months. I've not had any more problems with my knee since. Hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:21 PM 11-10-2008
****, that's a cake walk. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 09:22 PM 11-10-2008
hope they can fix you up real well, real soon
[Reply]
DragonMan 09:33 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
****, that's a cake walk. :-)
I'm sure it's nothing compared to your surgery Darrell!!

Darrell's post operation photos!!

OUCH!!!!

I hope you're getting better!!

[Reply]
Bear 09:34 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Cenookie:
I tore my lateral meniscus a few years back, sidelined me for a couple months. I've not had any more problems with my knee since. Hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Got a MCL tear in my right knee I'm dealing with right now. It's been a PITA for about 2 weeks now... The Doc told me this was a 12 week recovery injury and she prescribed some anti inflammatories. Hope she's right and it doesn't last any longer!

Oh, and I hope everything works out for ya Nick!
[Reply]
Darrell 09:35 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by DragonMan:
I'm sure it's nothing compared to your surgery Darrell!!

Darrell's post operation photos!!

OUCH!!!!

I hope you're getting better!!

Hehe.

You're lucky man, I wish I could have gotten out as easy as you're going to. Granted, it will hurt, it will heal quicker and it won't leave such a nasty scar. My knee was pulling itself out of place, be happy yours does not do that. :-)
[Reply]
DragonMan 09:47 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Bear:
Got a MCL tear in my right knee I'm dealing with right now. It's been a PITA for about 2 weeks now... The Doc told me this was a 12 week recovery injury and she prescribed some anti inflammatories. Hope she's right and it doesn't last any longer!

Oh, and I hope everything works out for ya Nick!
I hope it heals 100% for you Marc!! Unfortunately anti-inflammatories and pain killers didn't help me. It's been hurting since March and I'm sure customs had something to do with it!! :-) :-)

[Reply]
Sailkat 10:37 PM 11-10-2008
Glad to hear they figured out what was going on with your knee. Hope everything goes smoothly and your recovery is speedy!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 11:41 PM 11-10-2008
Get yourself fixed up there Nick, ya can't be hobbling around like an Old Guy.
Good Luck my friend!
[Reply]
Up