Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Gin Thread!
pnoon 07:37 AM 05-29-2013
Bought and tried Bloom gin.
Style is a London Dry Gin. Not usually a style I prefer but this was quite good.

I also finally bought the third St George gin - Botanivore. Similar to the Terrior. Very tasty.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:38 AM 05-29-2013

I recently tried my first gin (Bluecoat). I thought it was very good with a crisp clean citrus zest.

I am new to gin, sounds like I need to find some St. Germain.
[Reply]
bstarrs 07:35 PM 06-03-2013
For plain old Gin, Broker's is my favorite. And for something special I really enjoy a Hendrick's G&T with some cucumber slices. It's amazing.
[Reply]
crgcpro 08:42 PM 06-03-2013
I bought some Hendrick's for a bombing run on a buddy today. Never had it though.
[Reply]
bstarrs 08:50 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by crgcpro:
I bought some Hendrick's for a bombing run on a buddy today. Never had it though.
You should definitely pick up a bottle for yourself. It's amazing stuff, just make sure you throw a cucumber slice in a Hendrick's G&T. It's so refreshing and clean on your palette.
[Reply]
crgcpro 09:02 PM 06-03-2013
Sounds good. I'll give it a try.
[Reply]
aaron72 11:00 AM 06-24-2013
Not sure if you guys would consider this sacrilegious or not, but I've never really tried gin until I was introduced to a Gin Buck. It actually surprised me as to how good it was.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:01 AM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by aaron72:
Not sure if you guys would consider this sacrilegious or not, but I've never really tried gin until I was introduced to a Gin Buck. It actually surprised me as to how good it was.
I have no clue as to what a Gin Buck is.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 11:09 AM 06-24-2013
Had to Google it ... what I found says gin and ginger ale. If you like that, you ought to try gin and Fresca ... probably my second favorite gin cocktail.
[Reply]
aaron72 11:27 AM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I have no clue as to what a Gin Buck is.
Sorry, it's Gin, Ginger Ale and lemon juice.

I think a more potent ginger ale is best for this like Vernor's or ginger beer.
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:10 PM 06-24-2013

I've had Gin and Ginger Ale together (never knew if it had a name...just called it and Gin and Ginger). Very enjoyable.

Never added lemon juice though. :-)
[Reply]
357 02:20 PM 06-24-2013

Wait a minute! They have Verner's ginger ale in California? :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:18 PM 07-20-2013
Bought a bottle of Uncle Val's today.
I know absolutely nothing about it nor have I read any reviews.
A totally blind buy.

[Reply]
Ahbroody 02:41 PM 08-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

I recently tried my first gin (Bluecoat). I thought it was very good with a crisp clean citrus zest.

I am new to gin, sounds like I need to find some St. Germain.
If you like bluecoat and I the citrus I would also recommend Citadel, Damrak, and Magellan.

Originally Posted by pnoon:
Bought a bottle of Uncle Val's today.
I know absolutely nothing about it nor have I read any reviews.
A totally blind buy.

Would like to hear your impression on this if you have tried it.

As far as Favorites. Martin Miller for classic London Dry, Deaths door american style spice and juniper , Citadel very Floral and Citrus. Bluecoat is very good, but think deaths door just offers more
[Reply]
Seamus 04:20 PM 08-24-2013
My current favorite is Nolet's.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:09 PM 08-29-2013
Had a Beefeater G&T tonight with a fine cigar. Very enjoyable.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:40 AM 08-30-2013
I may have missed a release from Bombay, my favorite go-to gin. I saw that they had released a "Bombay East" when cruising through the hotel shop in Vegas at a trade show a month or so ago. Lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorns added as a botanical, completely up my palate alley, so to speak. Looked around locally, no dice. Either it was a limited thing or a failure or flyover country doesn't count. Anyone try it? I may have to just adulterate a bottle with adjuncts myself.

Doh, edit.... used the search button, reading up in the thread actually is worthwhile :-) . Is it still available in any markets?
[Reply]
pnoon 06:58 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I may have missed a release from Bombay, my favorite go-to gin. I saw that they had released a "Bombay East" when cruising through the hotel shop in Vegas at a trade show a month or so ago. Lemongrass and Vietnamese black peppercorns added as a botanical, completely up my palate alley, so to speak. Looked around locally, no dice. Either it was a limited thing or a failure or flyover country doesn't count. Anyone try it? I may have to just adulterate a bottle with adjuncts myself.

Doh, edit.... used the search button, reading up in the thread actually is worthwhile :-) . Is it still available in any markets?
Readily available throughout southern California.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:12 AM 08-30-2013
Do you know if it is just regional release or out of production? I don't see any info on Bombays website, which probably tells me all I need to know.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:14 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Do you know if it is just regional release or out of production? I don't see any info on Bombays website, which probably tells me all I need to know.
As far as I know, it is still in production. Haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Regional release? I have no idea.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up