Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Does Anyone Have This Cabinet
SilverFox 10:24 PM 07-16-2009
I am at my wits end with storage issues. I have so many freakin storage bins that I cant see the bottom of and my vino's are jammed to the point that I have to wedge them in there. I seriously don't know what cigars I have half the time. I know I know tough problem to have but it is very frustrating.

I would love to hold out for an aristocrat but I just don't see it in my near future. I was going to do the walkin but seeing as there is a high liklihood that we will be building a new house in the next 3 years it seems like a huge waste.

I can source this in Canada which makes it waaaaaaaaay cheaper but without seeing it first hand I am skeptical. I trust the retailer implicitly that is not my issue. It will apparently hold 150 boxes, however based on the pics I just dont see it.

Is someone out there has one of these and would share some detailed pictures of there set up (by email if you prefer not to post publicly) it would really help me out.

I gotta do something, and smoking faster just isn't doing it.

[Reply]
Old Sailor 10:30 PM 07-16-2009
Can't help ya Shawn, but I will say that does look nice!:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:35 PM 07-16-2009
I wish I could help you out Shawn. It is a nice looking unit.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 PM 07-16-2009
Do the shelves adjust to fully horizontal on the cabinet, Shawn?
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:44 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Do the shelves adjust to fully horizontal on the cabinet, Shawn?
Good question. Dunno, will email the retailer. Thanks Tom
[Reply]
mojo65 11:24 PM 07-16-2009
A bit of wood working skills and they can be flat.........I have the same issue with my tower. it has the display shelves in the top half and in the near future they need to be modified.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:29 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Good question. Dunno, will email the retailer. Thanks Tom
Originally Posted by mojo65:
A bit of wood working skills and they can be flat.........I have the same issue with my tower. it has the display shelves in the top half and in the near future they need to be modified.:-)
Absolutely, it will hold quite a few more boxes if the shelves are horizontal, Shawn...I think I have seen similar cabinets that are pre-drilled so you can have them either way.
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:26 AM 07-17-2009
If the distance between the front and back is 12 inches (making that number up) and the shelf is 16 inches wide it will never fit into a 12 inch space. So they would need cut down or replaced. I just built shelf's for another unit that the shelf's were at an angle like that and the owner wanted them flat.

Based on the photo it looks like they are wider than the distance from front to back if laid flat,

Chas
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:44 AM 07-17-2009
My :-)

A quality retailer is not going to sell junk. His rep is at stake.

Nice looking box Fox. You better get two. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 07:45 AM 07-17-2009
should we keep sending bands for the future walkin floor? :P

btw Shawn, the easiest solution is to cut down to a collection of around 100-200 cigars, and send me anything over and above that. I'm always here to help you out brother. :-) (you had to know this was coming at least once)
[Reply]
mojo65 09:51 AM 07-17-2009
Shawn, I found a description of that cabinet that lists the shelf's as adjustable. it may not be an issue.

Originally Posted by :
This dark mahogany display cabinet cigar humidor features four adjustable shelves which can be angled for displaying boxes. The four independent bundle bins are set on roller guide with a travel of ten inches. Humidifier cage in the bottom hides your humidifier and contains internal electrical outlets to plug in your humidifier.
  • Holds up to 4000 Cigars
  • Two Swinging Tempered Glass Doors
  • 4 Adjustable Spanish Cedar Shelves
  • Four Spanish Cedar Bundle Bin Rollouts
  • Shelves are on Roller Guides and can be Pulled out 10 Inches
  • All Shelves and Bins are Slotted for Air Circulation
  • Completely Lined with Premium Kiln Dried Spanish Cedar
  • Gold Plated Lock & Key
  • Brass Pull Knobs on Doors
  • 2 Electrical Outlets Inside Unit for Humidification System
  • 48" W x 16" D x 72" H
and the sight that I got it from for comparison.....
http://www.mycigarhumidors.com/cabin...000cabinet.htm
[Reply]
karmaz00 11:24 AM 07-17-2009
wow that cab look nice...good luck with everything
[Reply]
shilala 11:57 AM 07-17-2009
My display humi is like that. I can adjust the shelves to lie flat for storage or tilt them for display. It'd hold a ton of boxes if I just closed them and stacked them.
For display (boxes open like at the store) it only holds maybe 30 boxes.
I really have no desire to look at a stack of boxes through glass. I'd rather throw them all in garbage bags and toss them in a closet. :-)
My display is almost worthless at holding humidity, too. It takes about 10 pounds of beads, three fans, and two hydras to keep it relatively stable.

Here's a pic of what I mean...

I had everything in the entire humi on the top shelf when I was cleaning spilled beads yesterday.
I think mine is smaller than the one you showed, it's 80"x46"x16".
Now that I looked, it's about the same size. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:04 PM 07-17-2009
I shoulda said, mine has rails and the shelves are infinately adjustable (up and down plus tilt).
The one you showed doesn't look like there's any adjustability at all, cause I can't see any rails in the back.
[Reply]
shilala 12:18 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
My :-)

A quality retailer is not going to sell junk. His rep is at stake.

Nice looking box Fox. You better get two. :-)
It's the identical unit that Quality Importers sells that you see at every cigar site in the US. HUM-4000. Just checked the catalog.
They're not junk, but they sure aren't the second coming, either. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 12:30 PM 07-17-2009
Very nice looking cabinet Fox. Let us know how things go if you decide to make the purchase!

Shilala- when the heck did you get that monsterous wall cabinet???? Dude that thing is a beast! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:36 PM 07-17-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Very nice looking cabinet Fox. Let us know how things go if you decide to make the purchase!

Shilala- when the heck did you get that monsterous wall cabinet???? Dude that thing is a beast! :-)
Back in the winter. Pimped it all out with lights and fans and humidifiers.
I love it. Looks all different now cause I moved everything around. Got rid of a bunch of stuff and she looks kinda empty now.
I'm saving up for some stuff to jam her up. :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 03:29 PM 07-19-2009
Well it appears as thought I was vetoed by the boss. She doesn't like the glass fronts on this box and therefore said no.

She told me to order an Aristocrat :-) :-) :-):-)

[Reply]
ahc4353 04:21 PM 07-19-2009
Well you wouldn't want to upset Tammy. :-)

Congrats my friend!
[Reply]
mojo65 05:28 PM 07-19-2009
:-)Boo hoo for you!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up