Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar v Cigar
Bucking W 01:58 PM 01-01-2012
Cigar v Cigar. One of my favorite brands is the Camacho Diploma Maduro. Awhile back I had someone give me a Vegas 5 Triple A. Right off the bat and through most of the smoke it was pretty much smoking the Camacho Diploma. The finish was a little different, I prefer the Camacho but the Vegas 5 was pretty much identical. So I am just curious from other inmates what your opinion on other brands matching one another.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:19 PM 01-01-2012
If you can get the same flavor profile you love from a cheaper cigar and feel satisfied, then why pay more?
[Reply]
brigey57 02:46 PM 01-01-2012
The 5 Vegas maybe the best little secret cigar. It is a 56 ring gauge (one of my favorite sizes) and is a nice smoke while walking the North 40 of the property. It is a medium to full flavor blend that is worth its value at approx $4.75/stick from CI.

:-)

Originally Posted by Bucking W:
Cigar v Cigar. One of my favorite brands is the Camacho Diploma Maduro. Awhile back I had someone give me a Vegas 5 Triple A. Right off the bat and through most of the smoke it was pretty much smoking the Camacho Diploma. The finish was a little different, I prefer the Camacho but the Vegas 5 was pretty much identical. So I am just curious from other inmates what your opinion on other brands matching one another.

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:20 PM 01-01-2012
I prefer the Camacho but the Vegas 5 was pretty much identical.
It seems like even though they may be close, you prefer the Camacho anyway. It's obvious that no cigar will be identical unless they are identical in blend. It's nice to try to compare two cigars, but ultimately each cigar speaks for itself. Equating cigars to one another often leads to disappointment.
[Reply]
maninblack 04:39 PM 01-01-2012
Those triple A's are my favorite in the Vegas line. Great little powerhouse smokes at a great price.
[Reply]
irratebass 05:54 AM 01-02-2012
The tatuaje anarchy v tatuaje black tubo..... I swear they are the same cigar with different bands.

What would u compare the Camacho triple maduro to?
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:56 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
What would u compare the Camacho triple maduro to?
The CAO MX3
[Reply]
hotreds 08:50 AM 01-02-2012
Is this like Spy vs Spy?
[Reply]
irratebass 10:05 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
The CAO MX3
Thanks Mac, hopefully more affordable too.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:06 AM 01-02-2012
Thanks Mac, hopefully more affordable too.
Not really...more expensive than the Camacho Triple Maduro.:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:47 AM 01-02-2012
Not really...more expensive than the Camacho Triple Maduro.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:50 AM 01-02-2012
Mickey...I was just saying how I believe it compares to the Camacho Triple Maduro. If you'd like something similar with a little lower price...try the A. Turrent Triple Play Maduro. Very good stick IMHO and rumor has it that it's the same tobacco used to make the Camacho Triple Maduros.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:57 AM 01-02-2012
Mickey...I was just saying how I believe it compares to the Camacho Triple Maduro. If you'd like something similar with a little lower price...try the A. Turrent Triple Play Maduro. Very good stick IMHO and rumor has it that it's the same tobacco used to make the Camacho Triple Maduros.
:-) thanks Mac, will have to put this in my notes and seek them out.
[Reply]
Montano 11:59 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Those triple A's are my favorite in the Vegas line. Great little powerhouse smokes at a great price.
[Reply]
ktblunden 12:29 PM 01-02-2012
The Triple A and the Miami are my favorites in the 5 Vegas line. The rest are decent smokes and nice for having around when friends who aren't cigar smokers are over and want to try one.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:22 PM 01-02-2012
What about the 5 Vegas Maduros? I have a few and haven't tried them yet.
[Reply]
kuzi16 02:04 PM 01-02-2012
did you smoke each one individually or did you smoke them at the same time?

if you had two cigars going and compared puff for puff then you may see that they are very different.
[Reply]
44stampede 09:47 PM 01-02-2012
Where are you buying the Vegas 5 AAA? I assume this is not a cuban. If it is then disregard.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:49 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Where are you buying the Vegas 5 AAA? I assume this is not a cuban. If it is then disregard.
IIRC Cigarsinternational and Cigarbid only. If I am incorrect, they sell them at both sites anyways.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:49 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is not Cuban.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up