Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Macanudo Gold Label
mjdx88 09:58 AM 10-25-2012
Macanudo Gold Label
Duke of York
5.2 X 54

Prelight: Very well constructed, had a few veins and looked like an okay cut of leaf. The wrapper was a little oily. Very light sweet aroma, mostly of earth tones. The cut was a shotgun barrel punch. Pair with a yuengling.

1st 1/3: The first few puffs, were very peppery I was hoping this would be consistent but it did not last for long, the stick mellowed out, very light nut flavor more or less earth tones, very clean finish.

2nd 2/3: Consistent mild earth notes nothing that was very exciting.

3rd 3/3: Just before the band it started to get very bitter and acidic, this was remedied by a purge. Continued to have mild earth tones till just after the band, this quickly changed to a sweet dark coffee note?

Overall: This was a good mild smoke, the ash held on for at least 1 1/2", before I ashed and purged the cigar. I got this part of a mac 3-pack for 12 bucks. At $7.00 a stick I would not go out of my way to buy one, but would recommend it.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:16 AM 11-14-2012
Nice job on the review, Mike!
[Reply]
never_enough 07:56 AM 11-14-2012
Thanks for the review. Haven't had a Macanudo yet, might give one a try.
[Reply]
PearlS4 09:53 AM 11-14-2012
Thanks for the review Mike!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:36 PM 11-14-2012
Nice review. I am not a Mac fan but the Gold is one that I will buy every now and then. I have had a couple really good ones and a couple really bad ones however....
[Reply]
Up