Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Empty Humidity Tubes
hammondc 07:11 AM 01-06-2023
Is there a place I can buy empty humidity tubes/pucks? I have a bunch of beads from heartfelt. I just need some tubes. The ones I have had for years are getting brittle and the caps don't stay on anymore. Just dumped a whole tube of beads on the floor. I am sure I will be finding those for years to come.
[Reply]
stearns 07:29 AM 01-06-2023
I switched to using the bags that brewers use for hops, they're basically long sleeves tied off on one end that you pour the beads in and tie the other end. usually about a buck a piece at any homebrew store :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 07:57 AM 01-06-2023
Heartfelt still has tubes listed on their site.
[Reply]
Brlesq 08:24 AM 01-06-2023
I've got a variety of vessels that I use for beads and KL. Old cigar coffins with a piece of nylon taped on top work great
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 09:03 AM 01-06-2023
Recycled pantyhose work.
[Reply]
Brlesq 09:46 AM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
Recycled pantyhose work.
Or new ones . . . :-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:40 AM 01-06-2023
Recycled pantyhose work.
So do banana hammocks.

Just saying.
[Reply]
Weelok 10:47 PM 01-06-2023
Recycled pantyhose work.
You can get lots of used pantyhose on eBay. Just saying….
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:19 PM 01-07-2023
So, I can tell some of you find my pantihose suggestion odd. Back in the USENET days, it was a common suggestion for a way to use beads. You fill a section of the legging and tie it up like a sausage. I've got a coolerdor operating with one now.

I really shouldn't have responded here. I sense no good can come from it...
[Reply]
T.G 01:11 PM 01-07-2023
:-):-)
[Reply]
Weelok 06:21 PM 01-07-2023
So, I can tell some of you find my pantihose suggestion odd. Back in the USENET days, it was a common suggestion for a way to use beads. You fill a section of the legging and tie it up like a sausage. I've got a coolerdor operating with one now.

I really shouldn't have responded here. I sense no good can come from it...
Hah, actually I’ve used panty hose for my beads :-) nylon is a great material.
[Reply]
Up