Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Gurkha Symphony Churchill
BlackDog 02:46 PM 11-02-2008
We had a nice big mid-day meal after church today, and afterwards I decided to smoke the Gurkha Symphony churchill I had in my humi. It's a gorgeous stick, perfect construction, perfect wrapper, perfect cap, perfect draw. The cigar is 7" x 50rg, and is a CT wrapper with DR filler. Top 25 gives it a 9.16 rating.

The first half inch or so is very sweet and buttery, just like a good CT/DR cigar should be. Then..........nothing. The side stream aroma is very nice, but the flavor is gone. I stick with the cigar thinking perhaps the flavor will increase as I smoke more of the cigar. As I progress I get fleeting glimpses of some floral notes, but mostly............nothing.

I stick with the cigar because, heck, it's just such a nice looking cigar that there's got to be something there. So for another 20 minutes I dutifully smoke the cigar carefully, looking for that elusive something. Alas, I never find it. When my wife calls me for pie and coffee I get the cigar die. Whatever many folks find in this cigar that warrants their high rating and praise has eluded me. I would not go out of my way to smoke more of these.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:50 PM 11-02-2008
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Whatever many folks find in this cigar that warrants their high rating and praise has eluded me. I would not go out of my way to smoke more of these.
Drinking the Koolaid, maybe? :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 05:02 PM 11-02-2008
Exactly my experience, though mine was with a toro, so I didn't have to spend as much time wondering if I'd see any more flavor.

Thanks for the review.

BlackIrish
[Reply]
Up