Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Tomas classico presidente
Don Fernando 08:26 AM 10-25-2008
This 7.5 inch ring 50 churchill has a nice Honduran grown Habano seed wrapper with the color of milkchocolate and a full aroma of grass & hay, a nice yet simple band. The filler is a blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran tobacco. The cigar feels well constructed, no soft or hard spots, the predraw is good and leaves a hint of raisin on my palate.

The cigar releases a sweet woody flavor with some coffee after anout 15 mm. Coffee and wood keep rotating but every now and then a sweet flavor get a foot between the door for a while. Halfway the wood flavor becomes stronger and right before the turning point, which comes quite late, the cigar becomes salty, close to salted liquorice.

Smoking this cigar took me 90 minutes, it’s mild to medium bodied and produces quite nice smoke. The ash is firm and the burn is great.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, great cigars for low prices, I want more of those
[Reply]
Coz77 11:34 AM 10-27-2008
Nice review Don...I need to revisit the Don Tomas brand.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:45 AM 10-27-2008
Nice review Don :-)

For a while the DT Clasico was my everyday cigar. I still enjoy them and recommend them to anyone looking for a good cigar for a great price.
[Reply]
Up