Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>let it die vs. HELL NO, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT WAS?
Rockestone 05:13 PM 11-04-2008
Pitch. Life is too short for a bad cigar.
[Reply]
WyoBob 05:21 PM 11-04-2008
If it's a freebie (like those included with some Famous orders) or gifted, if I don't like it (it has to be pretty bad), I pitch it. If it is a cigar I ordered, I'll stick with it until the end. This is because I research any cigar I order and check reviews on the cigar forums and Top25.

If the cigar starts off poorly but has a lot of recommendations, I'll stick with it just to see if things change. I wouldn't want to miss anything:-)

WyoBob
[Reply]
acruce 05:39 PM 11-04-2008
I try not to pitch a cigar. Flavor profiles usually change threw out the smoke . For that reason alone I have a hard time pitching a smoke. You never know if the flavors get better if you pitch it.:-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 05:43 PM 11-04-2008
I should clarify my earlier statement. I will pitch a cigar I am not enjoying, but that is usually because of the draw. Too Tight!! If the draw is fine, chances are it's not bad enough for me to toss.
[Reply]
smokinj 06:47 PM 11-04-2008
If I don't like the taste I will just chuck-it
[Reply]
Cigary 08:26 PM 11-04-2008
Unfortunately for me I think I am George ( Cantstandya ) Costanza in more ways than I want to share. If I buy it I smoke it until I gag. If it is gifted I smoke at least half in case I am asked if I smoked it so I can honestly say, yep, I did. If I get one from a bomb and it doesn't smoke all that well Scotch ( are ya listening Dave ) will usually get me thru it at least halfway.

I have flown, driven hours to get a cigar that I love and will incorporate other things I have put off just to consolidate all of these trips into getting my cigars. Now, if that doesn't sound like George Costanza I dont know what does?
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:15 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by WyoBob:
.... I research any cigar I order and check reviews on the cigar forums and Top25.

If the cigar starts off poorly but has a lot of recommendations, I'll stick with it just to see if things change. I wouldn't want to miss anything
I'm sort of the same as WyoBob. I'm still pretty new to cigars, and I figure that a cigar got a good rating for a reason, so I'll stick it out to see if it improves as I smoke more of it. I've tossed a few that has awful draws, and I tossed one I can think of that was just terrible, otherwise I stick with them to see if they get better. Maybe once I have more experience I'll be more comfortable tossing ones that I just don't care for.
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:39 PM 11-04-2008
If I'm smoking by myself, completely alone, then I'll give it to the halfway point or just beyond to see what it does. If it doesn't turn for the better, then I don't care anymore, and chances are, if it does turn for the better, it probably won't matter unless its mind blowing because I am not waiting that long for a cigar to come alive. An 1/8th to a 1/2 inch I can deal, but anything more than that seems counter productive.

Now, if people are around, and drinks are flowing, I'll finish it just because its in my hand.
[Reply]
rsamos 05:06 AM 11-05-2008
I'll often smoke a cigar I'm not liking much at least 1/2 way to give it a chance. I've had some nice surprises from doing that.

But If I'm really not finding any redeeming qualities, then I chuck it. The hardest part about smoking cigars for me is coming up with the time. I've already given up the money - no use spending the time also.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 05:12 AM 11-05-2008
If I get burn or draw problems that PMO, I will toss the cigar out the window .. I don't care what cigar it is. Poor flavor I'll stick with a bit longer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up