Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>RP Decade
bigloo 03:55 PM 10-30-2008
Is the RP decade worth the cash? I am thinking of locating a 5ver before they dissapear. I love RP's stuff and have a lot of vintage, olde world, edge, SG, even some fusion and MM, love it all. Am I covered or should I get some Decade. Keep in mind, the cash can be used for other sticks like my growing love of cammies, my La Aurora preferido crush ... and the renewed vows with CAO which is just wowwing me lately. Anyway, summing up 6 lines, RP decade -- worth the hype?
[Reply]
Scottw 03:59 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Is the RP decade worth the cash? I am thinking of locating a 5ver before they dissapear. I love RP's stuff and have a lot of vintage, olde world, edge, SG, even some fusion and MM, love it all. Am I covered or should I get some Decade. Keep in mind, the cash can be used for other sticks like my growing love of cammies, my La Aurora preferido crush ... and the renewed vows with CAO which is just wowwing me lately. Anyway, summing up 6 lines, RP decade -- worth the hype?

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! They are worth it. Don't get them at the B & M price though. How much is a fiver? I love these things.
[Reply]
rck70 04:10 PM 10-30-2008
Once you go Decade...you don't go back....:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 04:13 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by rck70:
Once you go Decade...you don't go back....:-)

:-)
[Reply]
bigloo 04:14 PM 10-30-2008
Wow, consensus in short work. I think atlantic has them for ~$40, CI about $45. I am gonna hit the WTB here and see whats floating around. Does anyone know if these are a one timer or just limited yearly release?
[Reply]
kwoody 04:17 PM 10-30-2008
Check out Jack Schwartz.. they had an amazing deal on them a few weeks ago. I dont know if they are still around.. But great smoke, one of my favorite!
[Reply]
Scottw 04:21 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Wow, consensus in short work. I think atlantic has them for ~$40, CI about $45. I am gonna hit the WTB here and see whats floating around. Does anyone know if these are a one timer or just limited yearly release?
I don't know if they are limited but they are damn tasty. Worth the couple bucks extra over the other RP's
[Reply]
Legend 04:52 PM 10-30-2008
Definitely worth it. The decade is the best on the Rocky lines right now:-):-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 05:26 PM 10-30-2008
I've only had one but now I want more!!! So... Yes!
[Reply]
jaycarla 05:29 PM 10-30-2008
I will add my yes vote also. I have seen the pricing all over the place though, so you would be wise to check around.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:15 PM 10-30-2008
I guess I'll be the lone ranger here. Lu, I think they are one of the most bland and tasteless cigars I have ever tried.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:16 PM 10-30-2008
I had a Decade and loved it.
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 06:24 PM 10-30-2008
Oh YES! Definitely worth the cash! I am a big fan of the Torpedo and the Lonsdale! Yummy :-)
[Reply]
Boomer 07:10 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I've only had one but now I want more!!! So... Yes!
Same for me. It was the most perfectly made cigar I have ever smoked.
[Reply]
groogs 07:30 PM 10-30-2008
I have never had the Decade, but after the rave reviews, I guess I should pick one up.
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:33 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I guess I'll be the lone ranger here. Lu, I think they are one of the most bland and tasteless cigars I have ever tried.
Greg, all those great cigars you smoke have gotten your tongue too sensitive to appreciate a true RP treat. :-)

Try Cbid. I'll let you in on a little secret. The X-Out Liga "D" are unbanded Decade seconds. Shhh..don't tell anyone.
[Reply]
groogs 08:45 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by jjirons69:

Try Cbid. I'll let you in on a little secret. The X-Out Liga "D" are unbanded Decade seconds. Shhh..don't tell anyone.

I bought a bundle of the Lida D's and they are a decent smoke, but people who have had the Decade have told me they don't taste the same.
[Reply]
kfish 06:27 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
Oh YES! Definitely worth the cash! I am a big fan of the Torpedo and the Lonsdale! Yummy :-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 07:15 AM 10-31-2008
I may be the only one but I was not a fan of this cigar... I have one left so I will have to give it another shot
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:35 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

I got a sampler with the Decade and ITC 10th and found the ITC 10th to be much better.

MCS
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up