Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Had a bad smoke latley?
cbsmokin 09:49 AM 10-31-2008
I used to love Don Lino Africa's. I fired one up last night and it was awful. I do remember them being inconsistent, but never that bad. It was flat, lacked smoke, it burned uneven, and plugged up once. That thick, creamy white smoke I love about cigars was nowhere to be found.

I can't even decide if I am willing to try another one.

Anyone else had a bad smoke recently? :-)
[Reply]
G G 09:55 AM 10-31-2008
I messed up and bought a bundle of Gran Habano Siglo Fumas, these are mixed or short filler. They are absolutely unsmokable IMO.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:56 AM 10-31-2008
Acid Blondie. I knew these sucked before I tried it, but it was a dare.
[Reply]
Clampdown 09:57 AM 10-31-2008
a few weeks ago i had a PL, it was the worst cc i have ever had. I cant remember the size
[Reply]
skibumdc 10:00 AM 10-31-2008
Cao Mx2. Been in the humi for over a year. Blech....I'll be giving away the other single I have.
[Reply]
Spect 11:25 AM 10-31-2008
Taboo - I bought a sampler a while back and it's all just been awful. Flat tasteless and :-)
[Reply]
Celt 11:33 AM 10-31-2008
Bought a Henry Clay corona today at lunch because I havent tried one.

All I can say is :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 11:59 AM 10-31-2008
I've been on a bad run with some 'supposed to be great' cigars. Today - Tat Black Robusto (just ok, not great), Yesterday - ERdM Lonsdale - again just OK so I grabbed one of my trusty Cohiba Secretos and more of the mediocre streak. None were 'bad', but all did not meet my expectations from previous experiences. I hate to complain though. The one thing it has reinforced is that you can't make a judgement on a cigar based on one stick. IMO
[Reply]
cbsmokin 12:02 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I've been on a bad run with some 'supposed to be great' cigars. Today - Tat Black Robusto (just ok, not great), Yesterday - ERdM Lonsdale - again just OK so I grabbed one of my trusty Cohiba Secretos and more of the mediocre streak. None were 'bad', but all did not meet my expectations from previous experiences. I hate to complain though. The one thing it has reinforced is that you can't make a judgement on a cigar based on one stick. IMO
I'm coming to your house. You have an awfully "nice" selection of "bad" sticks.
[Reply]
CoroHo 12:09 PM 10-31-2008
I bought some Gurkha Grand Envoys and tried one last night. It was spongy and bitter. I left half of it in the 'tray. I hope the other nine are better. :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:33 PM 10-31-2008
Gifted La Aurora Preferido Sun Grown (emerald). Very poor for such a pricey stick.
[Reply]
krevo 01:28 PM 10-31-2008
I don't smoke bad ones tbch. :-)
[Reply]
livwire68 03:00 PM 10-31-2008
Had a bad Oliva "V" lancero last night, fought it all the way through and today I seem to be having a problem with a taboo twist torp.
[Reply]
groogs 08:13 PM 10-31-2008
I was given a Juicy Lucy at a herf and I didn't want to put it with my other smokes, so I lit it up. It burned and smoked fine, but the taste made me want to :-).
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 09:45 AM 11-01-2008
I smoke padron 2000 maddys a lot and the last 2 I smoked were terrible, burn issues, plugging...took a peek at my RH and it was up to 69% seems the beads got a little too wet last time I refreshed them. Check your humi it might be the cause of a bad smoke if they are normally great.
[Reply]
Up