Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Arrrgh..California Cigar Prices...
Tazziedevil 01:44 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Prefy:
I agree with tazzie your tax might be high in California but pails in comparison to how we are taxed north of the boarder.

To put this in perspective an Ashton VSG Robusto runs about $23 up here.
I only have one "real" B&M here, and i'd be lucky to find an ashton. You don't move to Australia for the tobacco, that's for sure!
[Reply]
Raralith 10:14 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Cenza is on Green Street aren't they?
You exit on green (one way), you enter through Colorado in the Peso outdoor mall.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:47 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Raralith:
You exit on green (one way), you enter through Colorado in the Peso outdoor mall.
That's the one, thanks...
[Reply]
romwarrior 11:02 AM 10-31-2008
Yeah, I feel bad that I don't support many B&M's here but the prices are just insane. I just can't bring myself to do it. It's kind of like going to Staples Center and paying $10 for a beer. Sometimes I do it because I'm with friends or at an event, but most of the time no. I feel bad for the B&M's because it's not their fault.
[Reply]
php007 11:16 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
I feel your pain Mark.:-)

As much as I would love to support the local shops it is just not affordable for me. I may stop in for a stick or two but 98% of my purchases are online because the prices are so high locally.

I know that it is my duty to pay my CA taxes on purchases but COME ON!! I will be an internet bandit for now.
:-) Well put, I couldn't have said it better.
[Reply]
BagfullofPings 10:22 PM 10-31-2008
Unfortunately, that is California. At my local B&M, that cigar goes for either $8.99 or $9.99. The owner has to eat and pay his bills. I'm at my local B&M twice a week and I spend $30 - $50 per week. He knows I buy my inventory online but he is cool with that. Hell this afternoon I was using his laptop to bid on Cigar Bid. Every now and then I buy a box from him. In addition to singles, I buy my misc. goodies from him.
[Reply]
duckmanco 11:00 PM 10-31-2008
Yet another reason CA never seems to cross my mind as an option to move to. Those taxes are inhumane!
[Reply]
Delta-Wye 06:09 PM 11-01-2008
Out of the 3 B&M's here in Valencia, I most always support Valencia Cigars. The owner is very knowledgeable and personable, knows a number of folks in the industry, generally maintains a good core supply of brands (he's awaiting his supply at this time of 601's), and his prices are within means at times. I'm hoping his prices on 601's will be affordable upon arrival at his shop:-)

I live in Canyon Country and I usually go to The Smoke Zone or Valencia News. I would like to know where this Valencia Cigars is located. Thanks
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:04 PM 11-01-2008
Originally Posted by Delta-Wye:
I live in Canyon Country and I usually go to The Smoke Zone or Valencia News. I would like to know where this Valencia Cigars is located. Thanks
DW, it's actually called "Valencia Cigars and International Newsstand." I just call it Valencia Cigars for short. Its the one in the KMart shopping center next to Western Bagels:-)
[Reply]
Delta-Wye 07:22 PM 11-01-2008
DW, it's actually called "Valencia Cigars and International Newsstand." I just call it Valencia Cigars for short. Its the one in the KMart shopping center next to Western Bagels:-)
I also go there! Got a box of illusione cg4 s from them last week
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up