Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What Illusione should I try ?
SeanGAR 08:47 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Dion is a good guy, I'm sure if you met him you would agree. The point of marketing is to show your product, generate hype, etc. The fact that you're talking about the JJ thing, means the marketing is working. :-)
I have not personally seen an ad for illusione although I've read great reviews of these cigars.

The fact that people are talking about his use of a mass murder for marketing is hardly proof that marketing is working. I mean for God's sake, children were forced to drink poison that day by their parents. I remember the pictures of hundreds of bloated dead bodies in the news. Children killed by their parents is as putrid and disgusting as parents abusing their children. As a parent, I find this use of JJ in marketing deplorable, to be polite.

Nonetheless, I have seen pictures of Dion and he is a pup. Tell him to shave the sideburns. I attribute this marketing to his youth. Either that or the drugs. Because I haven't been personally exposed to this marketing, I'll let him slide. But for sure, this marketing isn't smart.
[Reply]
UPHOTO 09:14 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Nonetheless, I have seen pictures of Dion and he is a pup. Tell him to shave the sideburns. I attribute this marketing to his youth. Either that or the drugs. Because I haven't been personally exposed to this marketing, I'll let him slide. But for sure, this marketing isn't smart.
The drugs? Shave his sideburns?

If I was Dion I would be okay with not having a client that say's things like that.

I think he's selling enough already.

:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:16 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:

If I was Dion I would be okay with not having a client that say's things like that.

I've got NOTHING but respect for you Sean, but I need to agree with UPHOTO.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:27 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by UPHOTO:

Oh, he is selling enough already, but one post in this thread said the marketing negatively impacted their buying and nobody said the marketing caused them to buy his cigars.

Proof of anything? Of course not ...

But side burns are YUKKIE ... sorry to break this to y'all .. you youngsters who think side burns are cool ... they died with disco.

If you like disco .... well .... there's no vaccine for that
yet

We're working on it and by gum one day we'll have it
[Reply]
renton20 10:51 PM 10-19-2008
Oh, he is selling enough already, but one post in this thread said the marketing negatively impacted their buying and nobody said the marketing caused them to buy his cigars.

Proof of anything? Of course not ...

But side burns are YUKKIE ... sorry to break this to y'all .. you youngsters who think side burns are cool ... they died with disco.

If you like disco .... well .... there's no vaccine for that
yet

We're working on it and by gum one day we'll have it
Whether you're a brother
Or whether you're a mother
You're stayin' alive
Stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin'
And everybody shakin'
and we're stayin' alive
Stayin' alive
Ah ah ah ah
Stayin' alive
Stayin' alive
Ah ah ah ah
Stayin' alive

Sorry, had to be done. Please return to your regularly scheduled programing now.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:25 AM 10-20-2008
New Havana has a couple of nice samplers. All of the line are the same blends, just pick a size and jump in. :-) I like the HL and cg:4 as well. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:22 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by TomHagen:
there is such a thing as BAD publicity.... I have spoken to Dion numerous times.... still I can't support that JJ ad... myself and many others have cut down, or stopped buying Illusione all together. so much for ''hype'...

too bad, it's a great blend
What's the deal with the JJ ad? Who is this JJ?
[Reply]
tsolomon 05:19 AM 10-20-2008
Another vote for the hl as my favorite Illusione and the 68 as a very nice short smoke.
[Reply]
rsamos 05:30 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Dion had (has?) an ad campaign that featured a photo of Jim Jones.
[Reply]
drevim 05:37 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Two posts below your quoted post. Or maybe a google search of Jim Jones??

I have not personally seen an ad for illusione although I've read great reviews of these cigars.

The fact that people are talking about his use of a mass murder for marketing is hardly proof that marketing is working. I mean for God's sake, children were forced to drink poison that day by their parents. I remember the pictures of hundreds of bloated dead bodies in the news. Children killed by their parents is as putrid and disgusting as parents abusing their children. As a parent, I find this use of JJ in marketing deplorable, to be polite.

Finish reading the thread before replying, it works wonders to answering questions....:-)
[Reply]
dmoby 11:24 PM 10-31-2008
SeanGar give the F9 (lonsdale) a try, its a good all around size for the PC Lancero fans. My favorite is the 888 (churchill) and don't worry about the comment that the bigger sizes have less focus and flavor because the 888 is great.
[Reply]
Ratters 11:37 PM 10-31-2008
I really enjoyed the #2. Seemed to me to be the strongest/most flavorful of the Illusiones I've had.
[Reply]
vudu9 03:47 PM 11-01-2008
Frankly, I find the names and marketing weird.

Name the frickin wrapper and origins, jack, and drop the stupid BS.

Yeah, they're Nicaraguan ... wonderful, I love Nic smokes, but I don't feel the need to wade through the horsefeathers to decide which of the bunch is an actual good smoke.

So then .. which Illusione should I buy?

Wait a sec ... are they all the same wrapper etc just different vitolas? That would make my life simple, I prefer corona/PC/lancero sized smokes.
At least I'm not annother guy standing in a field of tobacco, wearing a Guyabara, wearing a Panama hat and holding a large leaf pretending I know what I'm doing and looking like I've been doing it for my whole life - Boring sizes, same 'ol names for the vitolas. I played in punk-rock bands my whole life - not cover bands. My cigars reflect that music style in some ways. I won't change a thing.

Dion
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up