Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cello, Off or on?
Dunkel 07:53 AM 06-18-2009
If you are storing cigars for awhile is it better to leave the cello on or take it off. I've seen and heard where some folks remove them and some leave them on. I'm new to the save for later and let it age deal. Thanks in advance for your opinions/answers.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 07:57 AM 06-18-2009
I leave it however it comes from the factory. So both.
[Reply]
Trace63 07:58 AM 06-18-2009
Whatever way it comes in, thats the way its staying. :-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 08:01 AM 06-18-2009
If naked, it stays naked. However they come, they stay. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:06 AM 06-18-2009
I like to cut my cello in half length-wise in order to get the best of both worlds! :-)

LOL only kidding. Whatever it comes in, it stays in.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 08:12 AM 06-18-2009
If it comes in cello I clip it a bit to allow it to breath better. So besides a minor modification, they stay just however they come.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:18 AM 06-18-2009
Doesn't really matter.

Here are more answers dealing with cello:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cello

:-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:23 AM 06-18-2009
Usually I leave them how they come except Anejo's I remove them from the cello.
[Reply]
troutbreath 08:23 AM 06-18-2009
I take it off . . . but only when lighting. Sadly, the cigars show up way too quickly for me to invest time undressing them.
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:29 AM 06-18-2009
Why do we still entertain this question? lol. Maybe we can make a sticky about this that simply says "whatever you want works".
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:31 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Why do we still entertain this question? lol. Maybe we can make a sticky about this that simply says "whatever you want works".

:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 08:38 AM 06-18-2009
Sorry for forgetting to search before posting. I guess I knew the "we've heard this question a million times" guys would come out in droves to point out my error! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:41 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Sorry for forgetting to search before posting. I guess I knew the "we've heard this question a million times" guys would come out in droves to point out my error! :-)
No sweat. Don't think twice about it. After you have been on the boards for a while, you will see that this is, perhaps, the most asked question. Sometimes we like to have fun with it because it's revisited so much. :-)
[Reply]
dentonparrots 08:41 AM 06-18-2009
I can understand you posting the question but then also understand the guys saying "you should have done a search", but that said, if we all searched for the info we needed there'd not be many questions about cigars on boards making them a little dull :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:45 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
No sweat. Don't think twice about it. After you have been on the boards for a while, you will see that this is, perhaps, the most asked question. Sometimes we like to have fun with it because it's revisited so much. :-)
Exactly....this is just the question that the FOGs joke about, I am suprised they didn't rib you even more....but the Search Nazis seem to be a little less "prevalent" here than at the last place we called home. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:48 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Search Nazis seem to be a little less "prevalent" here
Guilty as charged, Officer. Sometimes. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:51 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Guilty as charged, Officer. Sometimes. :-)
You're no Nazi, Mister! :-)
[Reply]
JJG 08:56 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
the Search Nazis seem to be a little less "prevalent" here than at the last place we called home. :-)
repeat questions/topics don't really bother me. I mean, let's face it. There is only so much to talk about regarding cigar smoking/storage/manufacture etc... We're bound to have popular questions come up again every few months.

The cello debate is a little different though since it has kind of become the poster child for well traveled territory. I half expected this thread to be a sarcastic humor post.
[Reply]
OLS 09:28 AM 06-18-2009
I also believe that, sadly, during the summer months, or at least right now, things are
SSSSSOOOoooo SLLLOOOoowww that new posts of any kind tend to be welcome,
even if it's only a new opportunity to rag someone for not searching, lol. But on cello,
I believe for long term aging you owe it to yourself to leave them in, NCs can fade
very fast out in the open. But if you are looking to smoke it this year, I cut off the
folded end and let the air get access to the foot. But who am I kidding, the last time
I thought about cello was about 1997. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:39 AM 06-18-2009
The best part about these threads is how many responses they get, even if half the people are joking about it. Its not like you could have been suprised by the content...that's what thread titles are for, just saying! Oh, and I leave mine on.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up