Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>My first humi & batch of cigars (Pics)
MooseHead 07:37 PM 06-01-2009
Hey everyone, I know it isn't much compared to the collections and humidors you guys have, but I figured I'd post it up anyhow. I'm very happy with both the cigars and humidor. Heres the pics:

The humidor is 75-100ct and came from Cheaphumidors.com. I ordered it from the "imperfect" section of the site but I'm very happy with it. The only imperfection found was a couple scratches on the hygro (see below) but without a camera they are almost invisible.

The cigars I ordered were a sampler pack from cigar.com. Cohiba Red Dot, Padilla Series 68', Chateau Real, and CAO Black. I liked the fact that there was a mix of mild to full bodied to get a taste for what I might enjoy. I received a total of 16 cigars for $35 US which didn't seem like a bad deal at all. The other Cohibas are Robustos I acquired when I went down south.

I know the bottom is a little empty at the moment.. I'm trying to avoid going down the slippery slope as long as I can:-).

Here you can see the little scratches on the hygro (no biggy). I spent 3 days calibrating the hygro to a tee so I am pretty confident it is as accurate as an analog will get.

Even got a nice mag with the purchase I will deffinitely have to look through! I have a feeling the magazine will be a bad influence on me..

Cheers,

MH
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:39 PM 06-01-2009
Damn Chris...that's a HUGE humi...look at the size of those sticks!!!!! Best bet is to resize your pictures to 600X600 before posting. I learned the hard way myself. Sweet looking set-up.
[Reply]
akakirby 07:49 PM 06-01-2009
looks good, i got mine from the imperfects from cheap humidor.com as well, great value, only had a small nick on the back!
[Reply]
ucla695 07:50 PM 06-01-2009
Congrats and have fun filling it up. !! :-)

Better start looking for another one. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 07:52 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by MooseHead:

Oh man....NEVER, under ANY circumstances, show a pic of an EMPTY HUMIDOR!!!! It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:53 PM 06-01-2009
Congrats brother... now get over the the NST!!!
[Reply]
MooseHead 07:56 PM 06-01-2009
Also, if any of you know how to insert images a little larger, could you please fill me in? I know it can become a hassle having to go to imageshack to view every picture.

Thanks,

MH:-)
[Reply]
jonharky 07:59 PM 06-01-2009
very nice!!
[Reply]
jonharky 08:00 PM 06-01-2009
What I do is I have a face book page post them there then copy the link here
[Reply]
MooseHead 08:02 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by akakirby:
looks good, i got mine from the imperfects from cheap humidor.com as well, great value, only had a small nick on the back!
Thanks man. After reading through the threads here it seemed like the place to go.

Originally Posted by ucla695:
Congrats and have fun filling it up. !! :-)
Better start looking for another one. :-)
Pfft! I went with this one to avoid having to do that!

Originally Posted by tobii3:
Oh man....NEVER, under ANY circumstances, show a pic of an EMPTY HUMIDOR!!!! It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!
It's not empty! You should of seen it before my order arrived lol:-).

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Congrats brother... now get over the the NST!!!
Will do, have been in contact with DMK who is generous enough to take me under his wing for my first NST.
[Reply]
m69c44 08:08 PM 06-01-2009
Very Nice. I am sure it not going to take you long to fill that puppy up.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:11 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
... It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!
Yeah! Last time we did that to tobii, he ate half the keyboard! Now we have to put all his posts through a translator to see what he's saying!
:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:14 PM 06-01-2009
Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood!
[Reply]
taltos 08:17 PM 06-01-2009
Chris, things look good, the only suggestions that I would make to you is to supplement the analog hygrometer with a digital hygrometer and a calibration pack. I would also suggest going with 65 per cent beads from heartfelt. Now here are the reasons; the analog hygrometer might be accurate now but it will most likely not be the next time that you adjust it. The digitals are very good once they have been through a calibration pack so that you know the differential for that particular hygrometer. The beads just make it so easy to regulate your humidor between 60 and 65 per cent and you get a temperature reading at the same time. Good luck and welcome. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Paul:-)
[Reply]
MooseHead 08:18 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
What I do is I have a face book page post them there then copy the link here
I don't have facebook unfortunately. Does anyone else know another method?

Also, thanks everyone for the kind words:-).

MH
[Reply]
Bax 08:19 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Chris, things look good, the only suggestions that I would make to you is to supplement the analog hygrometer with a digital hygrometer and a calibration pack. I would also suggest going with 65 per cent beads from heartfelt. Now here are the reasons; the analog hygrometer might be accurate now but it will most likely not be the next time that you adjust it. The digitals are very good once they have been through a calibration pack so that you know the differential for that particular hygrometer. The beads just make it so easy to regulate your humidor between 60 and 65 per cent and you get a temperature reading at the same time. Good luck and welcome. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Paul:-)
:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:19 PM 06-01-2009
Photobucket...but I believe that is similar to Imageshack. I resize my photos before I place them in photobucket.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 08:23 PM 06-01-2009
Great looking Humi there. Also welcome to the board. You got to be crazy to be admitted here and then you can't ever leave.

Welcome again Christoper :-)

[Reply]
Anthem 08:26 PM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by MooseHead:

I know the bottom is a little empty at the moment.. I'm trying to avoid going down the slippery slope as long as I can:-).
Beware of the slope my friend :-):-)

Seriously though, nice pick up. I'm sure you will enjoy your new humi :-):-)
[Reply]
HK3- 08:26 PM 06-01-2009
Welcome!
Nice humi setup!
Agree with the others on getting a digital...the analog get stuck all the time. :-)

WE ARE NOT ALL THAT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-):-):-)

where did I leave my medicine.........:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up