Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 2311 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you snuffing?
MajorCaptSilly 07:37 PM 01-02-2009
I know I can't be the only nasal snuff user here.

I'm enjoying Samuel Gawith Banana tonight. It is fantastic!

MCS
[Reply]
j-easy 07:51 PM 01-02-2009
ive heard about it and always wanted to try it, is there a good online site that sells it?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:56 PM 01-02-2009
Banana? Who's a thunk....

A little Bespoke Christmas Joy today.. A cellar of about 8 or 10 snuffs here.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:58 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by j-easy:
ive heard about it and always wanted to try it, is there a good online site that sells it?
http://www.marscigars.com/

Their CC acceptance had a glitch for a few months, but they have a great selection, great pricing, and good service.
[Reply]
j-easy 08:06 PM 01-02-2009
what type would you recommend for the first time?
thanks
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:09 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by j-easy:
what type would you recommend for the first time?
thanks
A lot of folks recommend the mentholated snuffs for first timers. I figure a cigar smoker would like something more natural. Send me your address and I'll send you some samples to try.

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:10 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
http://www.marscigars.com/

Their CC acceptance had a glitch for a few months, but they have a great selection, great pricing, and good service.

Yep! Mike at Mars is very good. I have an order of Toque coming from over seas then noticed he sold it too!

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:15 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Banana? Who's a thunk....

A little Bespoke Christmas Joy today.. A cellar of about 8 or 10 snuffs here.
I love all the Bespoke stuff. Gin & Tonic is my favorite.

MCS
[Reply]
j-easy 08:15 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
A lot of folks recommend the mentholated snuffs for first timers. I figure a cigar smoker would like something more natural. Send me your address and I'll send you some samples to try.

MCS
pm sent, thank you
[Reply]
Starscream 09:12 PM 01-02-2009
Not familiar with nasal snuff. I looked up a how to site and it desscribed it as similar to snorting cocaine. Is this similar or way off base? Never used nasal snuff but very interested.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:18 PM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Not familiar with nasal snuff. I looked up a how to site and it desscribed it as similar to snorting cocaine. Is this similar or way off base? Never used nasal snuff but very interested.
It actually is very similar to cocaine snorting. However, nasal snuff came before cocaine so, cocaine snorting is like snuffing! Nasal snuff gives you an immediate nicotine rush like nothing else. There are a wide range of flavors much like pipe tobacco. It's also really enjoyable for me to have some snuff before smoking a cigar. It enhances the experience.

MCS
[Reply]
Starscream 09:21 PM 01-02-2009
Does it coat your lungs or just coat the inside of your nostrils? Snuff use before a cigar would probably change the whole flavor profile. Cool.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:27 PM 01-02-2009
Does it coat your lungs or just coat the inside of your nostrils? Snuff use before a cigar would probably change the whole flavor profile. Cool.
You have to snort pretty hard to even get it in your throat. The lungs are safe!

MCS
[Reply]
Starscream 09:28 PM 01-02-2009
You have to snort pretty hard to even get it in your throat. The lungs are safe!

MCS
:-)

Well there's another slope I'll have to test out:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:29 PM 01-02-2009
American snuff is nasal also? Or is it oral?
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 12:19 PM 01-03-2009
American snuff is nasal also? Or is it oral?

Andy,

Most of the stuff you see at the gas station, etc is oral snuff. You can find some American nasal snuff at a few drugstores, supermarkets, etc but not very often anymore. Mars Cigars mentioned earlier in the thread carries about 15 different brands of the nasal snuff. American snuff is drier and usually more potent than the European stuff.

MCS
[Reply]
Starscream 01:57 PM 01-03-2009
Andy,

Most of the stuff you see at the gas station, etc is oral snuff. You can find some American nasal snuff at a few drugstores, supermarkets, etc but not very often anymore. Mars Cigars mentioned earlier in the thread carries about 15 different brands of the nasal snuff. American snuff is drier and usually more potent than the European stuff.

MCS
The American snuff at MarsCigars is what I was looking at. Thanks.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 02:12 PM 01-03-2009
Never even heard of this, cool to learn :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 02:15 PM 01-03-2009
I usually snuff gold paint, but thats just me. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:25 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by shvictor:
I usually snuff gold paint, but thats just me. :-)
How's that workin' out for you?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 2311 > Last »
Up