Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Old Henry Gold label Belicoso
kaelaria 12:29 PM 03-26-2011

This 5.5×52 torpedo shaped Connecticut stick offers a very soft medium tan wrapper wit minimal veins, tight seams and a slightly sweet soft tobacco aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw, great smoke output, on the tick side. Flavors are a mild-medium slightly sweet and dry tobacco with a creamy texture. The first third shows smooth flavors of a creamy cinnamon with a bit of leather. The finish is mild but long lasting to the next draw with a dry tobacco taste. Burn is almost razor sharp, draw is still perfect and the smoke is rich and thick. The 2nd third shows a bigger medium body flavor of predominantly a wood, going a bit deeper but still carrying the 1st third flavors. 35 min in at the start of the last third, it transitions back to the same creamy cinnamon as the start, but keeps the bigger medium body. Near the end of the stick I noticed a strange sensation on my tongue that turned out to be huge amounts of tar coming through the tip. I wiped it off and was careful not to lick it for the remainder of the cigar. Ending at 45 min the last third showed no further flavor changes. Video on the site.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 02:02 PM 03-26-2011
Nice review.
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:45 PM 03-26-2011
Nice review Bryan.....I'll pass
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:47 PM 03-26-2011
Nice review...I love the maduro version of these.
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:50 PM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Of course you do Mac :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:24 PM 03-26-2011
I have heard mixed reviews on the Maduros. I know they are made by Ashton. I also know they are a Holts exclusive. I also know I do not want a whole box to try and everything else there is pretty spendy. Maybe I'll jump on the next pepin sampler and thrown a fiver of the Old Henry Maduro.

Great review.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:08 AM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I have heard mixed reviews on the Maduros. I know they are made by Ashton. I also know they are a Holts exclusive. I also know I do not want a whole box to try and everything else there is pretty spendy. Maybe I'll jump on the next pepin sampler and thrown a fiver of the Old Henry Maduro.

Great review.
Ashton??? Thought these were handcrafted in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia?? these definitely have the "Pepin" spice to them. :-) :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:06 AM 03-27-2011
Ashton??? Thought these were handcrafted in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia?? these definitely have the "Pepin" spice to them. :-) :-)
You are correct Mac.

From Holts web site:

Old Henry Maduro is a phenomenal new cigar. Handcrafted in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:18 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
You are correct Mac.

From Holts web site:

Old Henry Maduro is a phenomenal new cigar. Handcrafted in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia.
Thanks Kevin...I knew I had heard/read that somewhere before. And I knew my tastebuds weren't deceiving me that bad. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 11:14 AM 03-28-2011
Oh....looks like you are right. I thought they were made by ashton. Oh well....not sure where I got that from.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:25 AM 03-28-2011
Nice... :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:30 AM 03-28-2011
I may have to try one of these.
[Reply]
Up