Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje T110
Don Fernando 12:23 PM 05-14-2010
I guess we all know the story about the Tatuaje T110. Only 400 boxes of 25 were made for a cigarshop on Hawaii, and they became an instant hit. This cigar was high on my to try list, maybe because of the hype, but also because I like Tatuaje and love to try rare smokes. Mario Golbee got me one in a NC MAW on cigar asylum and some time later I was able to buy a fiver from a botl on the same board. A day after I bought the fiver I got an email from Marvin, owner of the mentioned cigar shop, that I could buy a box if I wanted too and there was no way I would pass on that offer. To keep the karma going I decided to split that box with my buddy SmokeyNL, I know he's a Tatuaje whore and didn't have the opportunity to get his hands on these.

The dark wrapper is nice and oily with a few minor veins. The band is nice and simple. The construction feels good and the predraw, that has the right amount of assistance, tastes mild peppery. The cigar smells like a barnyard with some acidic smell to it.

I taste a nice coffee flavor, quite a full flavor but not too strong, and soon I get some herbs too. The feeling in my mouth is quite dry.

After an inch and a half I can still taste the coffee and the herbs and far on the background I can also taste a hint of chocolate

The chocolate disappears and the herbs become the dominant flavor. The coffee is nothing more as a supporting flavor and the aftertaste is herbal too.

During the 75 minutes I enjoyed this cigar I got a nice amount of smoke that is medium thick. The firm ash is light colored, almost white. The draw is fine and the burn is fantastic. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? That will be close to impossible, and I don't think I would if I had the opportunity. But it is nice to have smoked something that is so in demand and hard to get.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
jaydub13 12:28 PM 05-14-2010
Thanks for the great review! I have been wanting to try one of these for a while now, but living vicariously through these reviews will have to do, haha! Keep up the good work!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 12:33 PM 05-14-2010
Thanks for the review Don. They are a awesome looking stick.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 01:27 PM 05-14-2010
Does "full bodied" imply stronger than most? I've heard that these are just really, really strong.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:45 PM 05-14-2010
Nice review Ferdie...thanks for sharing. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:52 PM 05-14-2010
Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky:
Does "full bodied" imply stronger than most? I've heard that these are just really, really strong.
this cigar is strong but not really really strong.
[Reply]
MedicCook 02:00 PM 05-14-2010
Great review Ferdie. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 04:57 PM 03-21-2011
Just tried my first and was really impressed. Not as strong as I expected and got an almost Havana twang out of it. In other words... reeeeeally good :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 05:38 PM 03-21-2011
I had one of these a few months ago. I didn't find it too strong at all, maybe my favorite Tatuaje. Very good stick, just sucks about the price point and availability.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 05:40 PM 03-21-2011
Thanks for the review... :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:00 PM 03-21-2011
Fantastic Review As Always, Ferdie!:-):-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 09:59 PM 03-21-2011
I was gifted one of these, but yet to try this one...sitting in the humi until golf season started in the "D". Nice review again Ferdi
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:03 PM 03-21-2011
I know this is a 'silly' thing to say, but the T110s have my FAVORITE band of all time.

Love 'em.
[Reply]
x man 11:09 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
I know this is a 'silly' thing to say, but the T110s have my FAVORITE band of all time.

Love 'em.
It is a cool band isnt it.
FYI, a friend of mine was at Pepins last month in Nicaraqua
and ran into Pete there. He says a new 110 is in the works.
FWIW.:-)
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:11 PM 03-21-2011
I was lucky enough to get two boxes of these little spice bombs. Plowed through the first one in record time....doing my best to bury the other deep in the cabinet and forget it for a while.....:-)
[Reply]
x man 12:17 AM 03-24-2011
Talked to my friend again, said the new 110`s
are going to one shop again. Prolly the one in Hawaii.
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:44 AM 03-24-2011
I didn't know there was another one. Thought his new Fausto line was the T110 blend in a few different sizes. Fausto is also going to be regular production.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:06 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I didn't know there was another one. Thought his new Fausto line was the T110 blend in a few different sizes. Fausto is also going to be regular production.
You are right Eric, but the Fausto won't be released in T110 size.
[Reply]
x man 08:23 AM 03-24-2011
He`s making another T110, xclusive for one shop.
[Reply]
Up