Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Drive by herfing: Tell me about it
Slavac 02:40 PM 10-24-2009
As it gets colder, I keep looking for more avenues to smoke cigars where I'm less likely to freeze to death.

When smoking in a vehicle with the window cracked, do you find your vehicle still gets that funky smell of cigar? Any tips/tricks to share for the soon to be drive-by-herfer?

[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:48 PM 10-24-2009
You can get little ozone generators that plug into the lighter outlet. But I would avoid using it constantly since, at higher concentrations, ozone can be irritating.

Bob
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:50 PM 10-24-2009
It's a good idea to have the heater or the fan blowing from the floor. Seems to direct the smoke out the window the best. Lots of Febreze and dryer sheets under the seats helps quite alot when you are not in there.
[Reply]
Footbag 02:58 PM 10-24-2009
After I smoke a cigar in the car, I run the fan for a few minutes to purge the system. Otherwise, the next time I get in the car, it will have a stale smoky smell.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:04 PM 10-24-2009
Ozium. :-)

And it helps to have a non-cloth interior.
[Reply]
markem 03:10 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ozium. :-)

And it helps to have a non-cloth interior.
:-) on both counts, If you have a garage, leave the car windows down when you park. Do not leave ash inside the car! I it actually works better to have something other than the car ashtray for ash and butts since it is easier to remove, empty and clean.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:16 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
:-) on both counts, If you have a garage, leave the car windows down when you park. Do not leave ash inside the car! I it actually works better to have something other than the car ashtray for ash and butts since it is easier to remove, empty and clean.
:-)

I would suggest a Bobken cigar ashtray.
[Reply]
DPD6030 03:21 PM 10-24-2009
I'm with the rest. I have the fan on the floor setting with my window cracked (I have the rain guards on my windows). I also have a ozone plug in little thing that imo does not work at all. I also have a Bobken :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 03:42 PM 10-24-2009
OK so lets sum this puppy up..

1) I have the fan on the floor setting with my window cracked.
2) Do not leave ash inside the car!
3) Bobken cigar ashtray &/OR OZIUM
4) Frebreze and dryer sheets under the seats helps quite alot when you are not in there.

*Even better to have leather interior.

Thanks for the knowledge.
[Reply]
G G 03:52 PM 10-24-2009
Move somewhere you can smoke year round, like Florida.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:56 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Move somewhere you can smoke year round, like Florida.:-)
I smoke year round in Chicago. :-)
[Reply]
G G 04:01 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I smoke year round in Chicago. :-)
Well I was gonna add "or be tough like Tom" on there.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:04 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Well I was gonna add "or be tough like Tom" on there.:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:07 PM 10-24-2009
I somke daily in my Champagne tone 9 9 Accord. Only thing I do is keep the moon roof kicked open all the time (and I mean all the time) and have the windows open when I am smoking... I also use a bobkin... And no your eyes aren't playing tricks, those are 15's I am rolling on...

[Reply]
JJG 06:53 PM 10-24-2009
I only smoke on car trips occasionally and I hate to say it but, it does stink up the chariot a little bit. I also live in Houston though, so it rarely gets too cold to smoke outside. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
KDKLOSS 07:01 PM 10-24-2009
I smoked a cigar on the way to work about a week ago. I forgot to leave the windows open while I was in work so I sprayed the inside down with fabreeze then I turned the air to recirculate the cabin air since it's equiped with a cabin air filter. I also drove with the windows down on the way home and now it doesn't smell. It did take a few days to get the smell all the way out but it's fine now. One thing to think about is make sure you clean all the glass in the car because the smoke will stick to it like a film and possibly cause them to fog up.
[Reply]
duckmanco 07:02 PM 10-24-2009
The best suggestions have been stated so far, and I found the tips from Mark Neff's piece on stogiereview.com

1. Fresh Air vent on and pointing to floor
2. Driver side window cracked
3. Smoke away

what I do to get rid of the smell is once a week, I take a baking soda based carpet deodorizer (states for pet smells and smoke specifically) and liberally sprinkle any cloth surface. I normally let the deodorizer "soak" up the smells for a day or two if I can, and then vacuum it up. Gents, the smell is GONE after this. I don't even wipe down the interior of the windows with windex as Mark suggested, even though I'm sure that would help even more. But those deodorizers work really well for me.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:09 PM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
OK so lets sum this puppy up..

1) I have the fan on the floor setting with my window cracked.
2) Do not leave ash inside the car!
3) Bobken cigar ashtray &/OR OZIUM
4) Frebreze and dryer sheets under the seats helps quite alot when you are not in there.

*Even better to have leather interior.

Thanks for the knowledge.
These all sound like good ideas . Let me add that I use an air cleaner I got from Famous-smoke.com that plugs into an extra power outlet in my dashboard . Works great . I have never used dryer sheets or Febreze , only used Ozium air freshener and it works great . The biggest factor is to make sure all the ash is removed from your car when you are done . I may be alone in this but I do like the smell left in my Suburban after a cigar , makes me want another . Good luck and enjoy your road smokes . :-) Oh yeah and I'm rollin on 16's !
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:49 PM 10-24-2009
I enjoy the funky cigar smell in my car.
[Reply]
dox47 11:03 PM 10-24-2009
If you have a sunroof, there is a little trick I've found that works pretty well. Rather than using the "vent" setting were it lifts the back of the roof a bit, I open the front maybe one inch, and simply exhale directly out it while I smoke, it works way better than just opening the vent or the window. This also lets you hold the stick in your right hand while still venting any tip smoke, and is way more comfortable for extended driving/smoking sessions. Also, at speed if your ash gets a little long it's really easy to stick just the tip out the top of the roof, and the wind will snap that loose ash off just like you flicked it, with less chance of any blowing back in the car than ashing out the window.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up