Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Entertainment>What is the last concert you've seen?
Buena Fortuna 11:06 AM 08-02-2009
Lyle Lovett & His Big Band
Absolutely stellar show!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jkorp 10:49 AM 08-03-2009
The Felice Brothers at the National in Richmond back in May.
[Reply]
nozero 07:11 PM 08-03-2009
Ted Nugent in OKC 1979. I know, I don't get out much.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:40 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
Ted Nugent in OKC 1979. I know, I don't get out much.
The Weekend Warriors Tour! Saw this one in Chicago, Rockford and Milwaukee! :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:49 PM 08-03-2009
I'm going to get beat up on for this one but I saw Lil Wayne at Joe louis. Worst concert ever :-) but I cannot say I thought it would be good.
[Reply]
kgoings 11:26 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I'm going to get beat up on for this one but I saw Lil Wayne at Joe louis. Worst concert ever :-) but I cannot say I thought it would be good.
Did you lose a bet?
[Reply]
kgoings 11:26 PM 08-03-2009
Aerosmith and ZZ Top last week :-)
[Reply]
Seanohue 05:45 PM 08-05-2009
Dream Theater, Zappa Plays Zappa, Queensryche, Bigelf and Reach the Summit (?) at Merriweather on Saturday. RTS was kinda boring, Bigelf sounds like a more hard rock David Bowie, Queensryche was ok, Zappa was kinda boring, DT was amazing; probably up there with Rush as one of the greatest live performers. Setlist was perfect: Started with A Nightmare To Remember, Prophets of War, Sacrificed Sons, A Rite of Passage, The Dance of Eternity, One Last Time, Solitary Shell, In the Name of God, and encore of The Count of Tuscany. Everything was played flawlessly and I'd definitely see them again :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:16 AM 09-03-2009
Last night at PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ....it was Wolf Mother opening up for The Killers!! It was about my 7th time seeing The Killers and they put on another amazing show!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:12 AM 09-03-2009
Saw The Cult at the House of Blues in Chicago last night...Ian Astbury can still bring it, and Billy Duffy is an even better guitarist than I thought.

Prior to this, I saw Pearl Jam and Bad Religion at the United Center on Aug. 23rd.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:58 AM 09-03-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Saw The Cult at the House of Blues in Chicago last night...Ian Astbury can still bring it, and Billy Duffy is an even better guitarist than I thought.

Prior to this, I saw Pearl Jam and Bad Religion at the United Center on Aug. 23rd.
Saw The Cult on the Love tour (Divynals opened) and the Sonic Temple tour (Lenny Kravitz opened). I agree that Billy Dufft is underrated. When he's allowed to do a longer solo than the albums permitted, he really shines. Did they have a rhythym guitar player? I heard they were doing that the last couple years.

MCS
[Reply]
icehog3 10:04 AM 09-03-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Saw The Cult on the Love tour (Divynals opened) and the Sonic Temple tour (Lenny Kravitz opened). I agree that Billy Dufft is underrated. When he's allowed to do a longer solo than the albums permitted, he really shines. Did they have a rhythym guitar player? I heard they were doing that the last couple years.

MCS
They did, they called the guy "The Professor"...he looked like an '80s high school math teacher. Played nothing but chords, Scott, Duffy handled the riffs and the solos.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:04 AM 09-03-2009
Crue Fest 2: Motley Crue, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Theory of a Deadman.
[Reply]
DonniePaul 01:33 PM 09-03-2009
Jane's Addiction and Street Sweeper Social Club :-)
at the Oakdale (now the Chevrolet Theater) in Wallingford CT.

Great Show!
[Reply]
GTsetGO 01:34 PM 09-03-2009
Did sound for a band called Yarn out of New York. fricking incredible and easy to work with.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:07 AM 09-06-2009
went to a festival 2 weeks ago, saw The Stranglers, Heather Nova, Sinead O'Connon, Simple minds and Living Colour. And backstage passes rule :-)
[Reply]
adampc22 08:17 AM 09-06-2009
we cool kids call them gigs don lol
[Reply]
PitmanGeek 11:51 AM 09-08-2009
Just 3 weeks until I see Porcupine Tree at the Electric Factory in Philly!

Plus, Kings X is opening.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:52 AM 09-09-2009
Kings X is cool.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:44 AM 09-25-2009
Last night it was U2 with opening act Muse at the Meadowlands. This was my 5th time seeing U2 and sad to say, it may be my last. Bono's ego and political agenda never really bothered me, but when you can't get the words right to you own damn songs and then force feed images and political views down the throats of your fans, then I have a problem. Especially at $100 per ticket. I really want to say a lot more about this but I can't without violating the no politics rule here at the Asylum....so I won't. :-)

Not only messing up the words on a few songs, he sang the songs how he wanted to while the band played them the way they were recorded. Their sound was off for the first half of the show. :-)

I'm not saying I will never see them again, it all will depend on where, when, and how much.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 789 101119 > Last »
Up