Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>KG Retires
AdamJoshua 05:46 PM 09-23-2016
Love him when he's on your team, hate him when he wasn't. Credited by some and blamed by others for starting the NBA arms race and top players all agreeing to join the same team for their best chance at winning a championship. Got to see him play in many games in Boston, loved his drive and intensity. Thanks for the Championship, Kevin! (would have been 2 if freaking Jesus "stop shooting the damn ball" Shuttleworth could have hit ONE bucket in that game in LA).

https://youtu.be/T6TnilbMphA
[Reply]
icehog3 07:02 PM 09-23-2016
Oh thank goodness, I thought you meant Ken Griffey.

Or Kenny G. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:17 PM 09-23-2016
I can tell you many people here in MN love him and many people in MN hate him. You either buy into his BS or you see him for the $$ hungry ass that he is.

Good player for awhile though....
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:40 AM 09-24-2016
I don't know I guess I'm bias but I can see a player wanting to move near the end (well what people thought was at the time) of their career to finally win a Championship, I mean Borque did it with the Bruins and finagled a trade to the AVS, people in Boston were happy for him when he finally raised the Cup, he even brought it there for a rally.

Oh wait, were you talking about him or Kenny G, because I heard Kenny G was a real money grubber.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:14 AM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh thank goodness, I thought you meant Ken Griffey.

Or Kenny G. :-)
Haha probably the funniest thing you've said. You're a man no humor too, well played.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 09:40 AM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I don't know I guess I'm bias but I can see a player wanting to move near the end (well what people thought was at the time) of their career to finally win a Championship, I mean Borque did it with the Bruins and finagled a trade to the AVS, people in Boston were happy for him when he finally raised the Cup, he even brought it there for a rally.

Oh wait, were you talking about him or Kenny G, because I heard Kenny G was a real money grubber.
I didn't mean him moving to Boston. Everybody understood that move here and was glad to see him win it all. He just did certain other things here away from the game to were t very respectable.
[Reply]
Up