Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Networking>Graduating summer 2014
Devanmc 09:57 AM 11-07-2013
My Shameless plug for a job.

I am graduating next summer and in my senior year. Trying to jump on the job train as soon as possible, so I am not left working as a bartender with a degree in hand. Would like to stay in the Midwest if possible, Chicago, Kalamazoo, that region.

I am graduating from WMU with a degree in Business Management, experience in purchasing, sales, and inventory management. Would like to do something with project management, operations, or inventory/distribution. Anything promising will be considered of course. Anything else about me or my character you guys likely know about me, which I hope is all positive.

My Resume
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nyco23n57...20%282%29.docx

Thanks for any help!
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:33 AM 11-07-2013
Good luck Devan!
[Reply]
Devanmc 11:35 AM 11-07-2013
Thanks Michael!

Also, all are welcome to pass my resume on, if people who you know may be interested in hiring me!
Thanks again everyone.
[Reply]
Stevez 12:10 PM 11-07-2013
Hi Devan, you are probably doing this already, but I highly recommend making sure you have a very professional profile out on Linked In. You don't need the premium membership. I am looking for a job myself and have been for a few months. I am told by all recruiters is that Linked In is the first stop a lot of companies look to for new talent. Take the time to make sure your profile is professional and start following some companies you'd like to work for. You can learn a great deal from the articles published by some of the firms and some of the groups (e.g. just type in purchasing, inventory, etc.). Best of luck to you and I'll keep my eyes open. Steve
[Reply]
Devanmc 12:37 PM 02-13-2014
Going to give this a little bump. Changed things around with my degree so Im not graduating just yet. Looking for a part-time internship/co-op in the Kalamazoo area or within driving distance. Any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
dijit 01:56 PM 02-13-2014
Devan make sure as Steve said to have a linked in profile with all the free information you can provide and a picture in office attire. A lot of recruiters and companies use this networking tool to find potential employees.
[Reply]
Devanmc 08:30 AM 03-20-2014
New resume is up, still the old link. This one doesnt look like crud either!
[Reply]
Up