Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Under appreciated & overlooked...underdogs?
Wharf Rat 08:17 AM 05-31-2019
One of my faves is the Fallen Angel by AJ Fernandez. It’s probably a CI house blend. It’s got a bit more finesse than some of AJ’s stuff and can usually be had for ~$3. Don’t bid against me!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:39 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
What were those .50-$2 cigars we used to go crazy for back on the CS forum? I'm pretty sure I have 3 or 4 still in my humidor
Famous Nic 3000s?

La Vieja Habana Silencios?
[Reply]
T.G 09:06 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Ahh yeah, I admit I've been a bit confused as far as this cigar is concerned lol. I did a little more research myself and according to this article it was released in 2016, so yeah it's definitely been around for a while. There also appears to be 4 vitolas, all of which I plan to smoke except the Gordo :-)

https://halfwheel.com/aganorsa-leaf-...on-no-2/142452

But yeah at the end of the day, it is an excellent (and affordable!) cigar l! :-)
That's a Tabasa made by Aganorsa Leaf. Tabacalera Casa Fernandez recently changed their name to "Aganorsa Leaf". 10 years ago or so Casa Fernandez released a cigar called "Aganorsa Leaf".

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/rati...ecall/Y/page/1
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 09:20 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Famous Nic 3000s?

La Vieja Habana Silencios?
Na, wasnt any of those but I do remember the famous nice 3ks. This is gonna bug me now. They were unbranded and you could only get them from the manufacturer. I wanna say they were down in FL. Everyone bought them in wheels of 50 cause they were so cheap.
[Reply]
stearns 09:36 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
Na, wasnt any of those but I do remember the famous nice 3ks. This is gonna bug me now. They were unbranded and you could only get them from the manufacturer. I wanna say they were down in FL. Everyone bought them in wheels of 50 cause they were so cheap.
The name CFO (Cigar Factory Outlet) comes to mind, although I can't find anything about them online so I could be wrong. I 100% remember the same thing as you, but it's been 8-10 years since ever seeing any of those around
[Reply]
T.G 09:49 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by stearns:
The name CFO (Cigar Factory Outlet) comes to mind, although I can't find anything about them online so I could be wrong. I 100% remember the same thing as you, but it's been 8-10 years since ever seeing any of those around

I forgot all about them.... Yeah, CFO was the direct sale place I remember too for bundles of Quroums for like 50-cents a cigar and other cigars for about a buck.

What I don't remember was if the cigars were that good, or we were just young and stupid looking for decent cigars at a bargain price.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:49 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
One of my faves is the Fallen Angel by AJ Fernandez. It’s probably a CI house blend. It’s got a bit more finesse than some of AJ’s stuff and can usually be had for ~$3. Don’t bid against me!
Me too!! I love the Fallen Angels, I noticed them being really well reviewed, just not reviewed very often. Certainly not nearly as often as AJs other stuff anyway. To date I've only smoked the perfectos, thanks to some jerk that recently outbid me on Cigarbid. :-)

And T.G./ The other Adam - thanks for the info, that clears it up much more. They've seemed to have switched a lot up at Casa Fernandez in the last 10 years or so, which can make their stuff a bit convoluted at times!
[Reply]
stearns 09:54 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by T.G:
I forgot all about them.... Yeah, CFO was the direct sale place I remember too for bundles of Quroums for like 50-cents a cigar and other cigars for about a buck.

What I don't remember was if the cigars were that good, or we were just young and stupid looking for decent cigars at a bargain price.
I distinctively remember their busted old 90's website and their "CFO #3 tastes like Tatuaje, CFO #5 takes like X" and enjoying pretty much everything I got. But I also used to be pretty dumb, some would argue I still am, so who knows :-):-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 10:27 AM 05-31-2019

AAYYYEEE that's the one!!! I remember being blown away for the value of them. Were they as good as a $15-$20? No. But I'd put them in the $5-$8 dollar category all day long... and for only .50!?
[Reply]
T.G 11:09 AM 05-31-2019
I distinctively remember their busted old 90's website and their "CFO #3 tastes like Tatuaje, CFO #5 takes like X" and enjoying pretty much everything I got. But I also used to be pretty dumb, some would argue I still am, so who knows :-):-)
Yes, that website was a mess. :-) I remember Dougie and Knugget always saying "just call Barb forget the website...."
[Reply]
T.G 11:12 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

And T.G./ The other Adam - thanks for the info, that clears it up much more. They've seemed to have switched a lot up at Casa Fernandez in the last 10 years or so, which can make their stuff a bit convoluted at times!
Yeah, that's the NC cigar industry for you. Padron and Fuente seem to be the only stable independent ones. Everyone else is always dicking around with something it seems.

Actually, Perdomo is pretty even keeled too now that I think about it.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:10 PM 05-31-2019
Glad you guys figured it out, my next thought was the Tampa Sweethearts.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 06:38 PM 10-20-2019
Back with another recommendation!

Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano - this one *has* to be included in the list, full bodied and full flavor, but I don't see lots of people reaching for these, probably because their price falls more in the budget category? If you've smoked one though, you know what time it is.
Beautiful, and I mean really - beautiful oily shiny wrapper that is definitely indicative of the flavor within. If you are a fan of full bodied smokes, do yourself a favor and check this one out. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up