Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>World Series who ya got?
yourchoice 01:47 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I have nothing against the cubs, but the curse of the billy goat is baseball lore. It's endured for 100+ years and I'd like to see it last a 100 more.
Interesting perspective Dom, but FWIW the curse of the billy goat is "only" 71 years old. wiki link

I have to say though, I like the idea of a Yankee's curse! Maybe a Steinbrenner curse - no WS titles since his passing.

As for the series, I've watched all 6 games so far. It's been great baseball. I said before series started, Cubs in 7, and I'll stick with that but am fine with either team winning. Just hoping for a great game 7....that's over by 1am! :-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 02:40 PM 11-02-2016
I'm in Vegas right now for SEMA and can't wait to head to Casa Fuente to watch this game.

I've got no idea who is going to win it, but I'm guessing it's going to be amazing baseball.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:35 PM 11-02-2016
What a game so far! Watching it while very much enjoying my last 05 Espy. A worthy cigar for a worthy game!
[Reply]
dman4505 01:16 AM 11-03-2016
Tonight's game was epic
CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!

Don
[Reply]
icehog3 08:36 AM 11-03-2016
For elderboy:

Cubs Win! Cubs Win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 11:34 AM 11-03-2016
Found this on another forum. For all the Cubbies fans out there, I never got to hear Harry Caray call a game but here you go, some nice editing by budwiser,

http://youtu.be/nApTGkLd2hs
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:38 AM 11-03-2016
Good to see Lester and David Ross take home another ring, Lackey I can leave or take, he was part of the problem that blew up a great sox team (including part of the reason Tito was run out of town.... biggest mistake the Sox have made ever). Couple other sox on that team as well ... even though I'm not a theo fan I'm happy for the Cubs fans out there. Now the Cubs can do the RS parade on the water with the duck boats!
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:38 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
For elderboy:

Cubs Win! Cubs Win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Congratulations Admiral :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 03:19 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Interesting perspective Dom, but FWIW the curse of the billy goat is "only" 71 years old.
Joel, nobody likes a know it all! :-)

Great game last night. Congrats to the Cubbies and all their fans.

I had thought that if the Cubs got out in front early they would just keep on going and steamroll the Indians. I never saw them fighting back the way they did.
After the 2 runs score on the wild pitch, Ross comes out in the next inning and belts that homer. I thought the Indians were done right there.

Give John Smoltz credit. he knew Chapman was going to be fatigued due to the workload. He only said it about 2000 times over the last 2 nights.
We get it John, he's going to be tired. I wonder where his insight on fatigue was with Miller and Allen? They weren't sharp either.
Can't blame any of the 3 though They gave both managers everything they had and left it all out on the field.
Smoltz did do a great Job on the Davis home run in the 8th. Telling us that Davis was looking down and in, was the best call by an analyst that I remember since McCarver told us about the danger of bringing the infield in with Mo on the mound in 2001.

Give the Cubs credit, too. They didn't shrink after the Davis homer.
They came right back in the top of the 9th to give the Tribe some more.
That Lindor play to end the 9th was fantastic!! I don't know how he got to that ball, and after he got it, how he was able to get the out with Fowler running was amazing. Best defensive play in the WS since the Joe Panik double play, game 7, against the Royals.
I do think the rain hurt the home team and I thought Francona should've had Bauer start the inning after the delay. That's all woulda coulda shoulda.

Great game, great series. Can't really ask for more!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:00 PM 11-03-2016
Thanks Dan. :-)

It was a great game for baseball, Dom, maybe a bit painful for the Tribe fans, but a great game even for them.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:01 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thanks Dan. :-)

It was a great game for baseball, Dom, maybe a bit painful for the Tribe fans, but a great game even for them.
Tito will have them right back there next year or at least in the hunt that's just what a fine coach he is.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:13 PM 11-03-2016
btw Back to the Future was only one year off, they had the Cubs finally winning in 2015.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:54 PM 11-03-2016
Y'all hear about the Cubs fan that got knocked out after getting into it with an Indians fan? He dared the guy to hit him and he got hit with a haymaker that put him out for quite a bit. When he came to he didn't want to press charges and or go to the hospital. I wonder if this is why...dude seems to have a big mouth and thinks he's a lot tougher than he actually is. :-)

The Chicago Cubs fan who was knocked out cold after Game 7 of the World Series was enough of a hothead recently to get arrested twice ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Alan Anderson was busted by Chicago cops Sept. 10th for the crimes of phone harassment and assault. Law enforcement sources say the alleged victim is Anderson's ex-girlfriend. According to docs, he allegedly called her 160 times and left a voicemail saying, "I am coming for you, I'm bringing brass knuckles for you."

He was arrested at a bar in Chicago. The case is being handled by the domestic violence unit in the prosecutor's office.

He was also busted in March for another misdemeanor case of harassing someone by phone.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:56 PM 11-03-2016
Great end to a nice season. Last nights game was one of the best I've seen in a long time. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 11-04-2016
Adam watches TMZ. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up