Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Sports>2016 MLB Thread
Greentud 09:06 AM 01-10-2016
I predict that once again the Tribe will not win the World Seriess.:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:10 AM 01-10-2016
As a RedSox and Tito fan at least you have one of the best coaches in baseball.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 09:34 AM 01-10-2016
Originally Posted by Mr.Erskine:
Griffey--YES! Griffey is probably my number one all time favorite players to watch, even though I was never a fan of any of the teams he played for. Although, I could stomach the Mariners.

Piazza--when I was younger, I was a Dodger fan, right through his rookie season. I always thought Mike Piazza was a solid player. Unfortunately, because of the flash of the players of the 90's and the fact that numbers are inflated more and more ever year, solid players wind up getting overlooked for the players that put on a show (See Craig Biggio and how long he had to wait to get voted in)
Griffey definitely. Unfortunately with Piazza it's not the Hall of Solid, it's the Hall of Fame. I'm personally not a fan of his induction.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:24 AM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Griffey definitely. Unfortunately with Piazza it's not the Hall of Solid, it's the Hall of Fame. I'm personally not a fan of his induction.
I couldn't disagree with you more, Pete.
If you want to argue it was the steroid era, or if you want to say he needed to wait longer; fine, but you can't call Mike just a solid player. Mike was great.
Was he the best catcher to ever play the game? No, but he was one, if not the best, hitting catcher of all time.
No small feat when you consider how that position has been chewing up and spitting out talent throughout history.
Lord knows I'm not a Met fan, and I'm not a Piazza fan either, but he does belong in the hall. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:20 AM 01-19-2016
Hurry up baseball!
[Reply]
icehog3 11:22 AM 01-19-2016
I can wait until after the Blackhawks win the Cup.
[Reply]
Touten2 04:42 PM 01-24-2016
I just hope my Braves finish over .500.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:16 AM 01-29-2016
Tom, We on for the what seems to be an annual bet this season? A's play in Detroit for a 4 game series in late April. Then a 3 game series in Oakland late May.

You want to do 2 bet on each series or 1 bet for the combined series?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 AM 01-29-2016
How about 1 bet, since one series is an even number of games, and because I don't wanna lose twice. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:11 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I couldn't disagree with you more, Pete.
If you want to argue it was the steroid era, or if you want to say he needed to wait longer; fine, but you can't call Mike just a solid player. Mike was great.
Was he the best catcher to ever play the game? No, but he was one, if not the best, hitting catcher of all time.
No small feat when you consider how that position has been chewing up and spitting out talent throughout history.
Lord knows I'm not a Met fan, and I'm not a Piazza fan either, but he does belong in the hall. :-)
I agree and God knows I can't stand the Mets either, or the decision to leave Buckner in a game late that he had no business being in. That being said the only knock I have against Piazza is his b.s. when being questioned about steroids, it's often better to say nothing rather than lie and eventually get caught and have to own up anyway.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:04 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
How about 1 bet, since one series is an even number of games, and because I don't wanna lose twice. :-)
Works for me. 5er?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:28 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Works for me. 5er?
Done deal, send me your address as soon as the A's win the 4th game. Quite possibly in late April. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:14 AM 04-04-2016
Well it's begun. Definitely my favorite time of the year. I think the Twins have a pretty good shot at getting to the playoffs this year. Should be a really fun year!
[Reply]
The Poet 11:26 AM 04-04-2016
Yankees/Astros postponed due to weather. Why didn't MLB schedule this game in Texas? Opening Day in The Bronx makes as much sense as spring training in Canada.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 11:48 AM 04-04-2016
So excited... and work is going by so sloooooooow..
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:49 AM 04-04-2016
Happy Opening Day all! Hopefully for the Red Sox the Price is right!
[Reply]
The Poet 11:55 AM 04-04-2016
The price was certainly dear. :-)
[Reply]
joatmon 05:20 PM 04-04-2016
Another year for great baseball weather at Coors Field. As for great baseball from the Rockies, I'm not going to hold my breath.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 07:13 PM 04-04-2016
Twins blew it in the ninth. The bullpen is going to be a question mark again this year.
[Reply]
bugmenot 07:23 PM 04-04-2016
Got to catch a couple inngings of the giants today. Going opening night and the next day, looking forward to that!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up