Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Health and Fitness>6.5 Lbs...
Robulous78 03:35 PM 01-23-2013
So I don't know how I really feel about this but ever since I read NuRon's Thread on his weight loss I decided I would give things a go and see what happens...

well 10 days in, on a full salad and 2 MetRx Meal replacement bars a day diet and I have lost a whopping 6.5 lbs... Somewhat underwhelming... But then again with no change in exercise I guess this is ok... I wouldn't mind adding an exercise component to this but I have a tough time with most regiments because of my size or because of Time... Anyone know anything simple I can do that isn't overly strenuous?

Maybe I should start at the beginning, I started at 331bs and am now to 324.5... Its my goal to get to 270 or 250 by the end of the year... diet has got to be my biggest issue... Followed by my weird work hours and lack of a physically demanding job... More or less I just wanted to see what has worked for the rest of you guys and what you would recommend for someone that is more or less a beginner on the whole "health-consciousness" scene...

Thanks Fellas.... :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:38 PM 01-23-2013
Good luck. :-) 300+ is not a good thing, unless you're an offensive lineman.
[Reply]
Ubiquitous 04:46 PM 01-23-2013
Hey brother, keep up the hard work. If you want any advice or help. let me know. In my line of work, I have to maintain a strict weight standard, and stay healthy. I may not have all the answers, but I can help you find some!
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:54 PM 01-23-2013
Originally Posted by Mrtoadzwildride:
Hey brother, keep up the hard work. If you want any advice or help. let me know. In my line of work, I have to maintain a strict weight standard, and stay healthy. I may not have all the answers, but I can help you find some!
Might have to take you up on that Travis... Thanks for the offer...

Right now I am thinking I'll see how far the diet goes with some very light cardio (walking) and free weights thrown in... Once I hit this "plateau" I hear about I might try to have something designed for me...

What line of work are you in Travis?

Wait, answered that myself... Coast Guard... :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:01 PM 01-23-2013
Rob, dieting alone will only get you so far. Good to see you're going to do cardio. Make sure you're doing a good pace though. You need to get that heart rate up.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 05:18 PM 01-23-2013
I'm doing a lifestyle change myself. We're lucky enough to have a nice treadmill, so I'm doing 30 minutes in the morning and 45-60 minutes at night 4 days per week. The other 3 days I do 45 minutes sometime during the day. I'm keeping calories to under 1,800 per day taking into account what I burn on the treadmill. So far, I'm down 13lbs in 30 days. Pants are getting looser and I feel especially good when I can get the treadmill in early in the AM. I started at 270lbs at 6'5'' and am shooting for lbs. My doctor wants to see 220 but my blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol, etc are all good. You can walk away the lbs but need to up the intensity and incline after the weight loss slows.

MCS
[Reply]
longknocker 05:35 PM 01-23-2013
Best Of Luck To All Of You!:-) I Need To Lose 30# To "Comfortably" Get Into My Pants!:-) Not Going To Buy Another Size Up!:-) 10# So Far In 2 Weeks!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:40 PM 01-23-2013
Good work man! I went from about 290 to 197 in a little over 9 months, when i started 5 minutes on an eliptical machine made me almost throw up (oh and did i mention i smoked 1+ packs of smokes a day?). Yah I was a mess, by the 9 month mark I was doing an hour of cardio a day just because i freaking LIKED IT!

I would run across the parking lot because it was raining out and be like "omg I just RAN across the entire parking lot", not kidding keep it up it feels so good physically and just emotionally as you lose it .. oh and save up money you're going to need it for new clothes! (again i was amazed like i could buy jeans that were on sale that i could never buy before .. just little things that people take for granted made me feel so good.)
[Reply]
Steve 07:09 PM 01-23-2013
Awesome Rob! Heck, 6.5 lbs in 10 days isn't bad man. Keep going. It takes a while for your metabolism to catch up as well, and even as you are loosing weight you will hit plateaus periodically. Keep at it, don't get discouraged and think about how much better you feel and how much better you will feel in a couple of months.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:16 AM 01-24-2013
Keep at it Rob.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:28 AM 01-24-2013
Keep it up man.

Do you drink sodas? If so, stop. You'll lose alot of weight by just drinking water instead of soda. All that sugar=lots of calories.
[Reply]
363 06:39 AM 01-24-2013
:-) Rob!! Keep at it brotha!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:44 AM 01-24-2013
Rob, check out my website at: http://OhioDan.TSFL.com/explore I am a Certified Health Coach with Take Shape For Life and I am currently coaching 16 people and they are all losing weight.

Take Shape for Life completely helps you change your diet so you eat healthier. You lose 2-5 pounds a week. I have lost a total of 113 pounds since July 5th. I would love to help you out :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:55 AM 01-24-2013
Make sure to maintain your water intake. At your weight, that should be a gallon a day. Wear a pedometer & make sure you reach your daily goal before going to bed. Walk slightly faster than normal and stretch as much as you can.
[Reply]
Steve 07:34 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Keep it up man.

Do you drink sodas? If so, stop. You'll lose alot of weight by just drinking water instead of soda. All that sugar=lots of calories.
This!
[Reply]
irratebass 08:11 AM 01-24-2013
Rob, this is the way to go.....have you seen Dan? AMAZING transformation seeing is believing.

Good luck bro!

Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Rob, check out my website at: http://OhioDan.TSFL.com/explore I am a Certified Health Coach with Take Shape For Life and I am currently coaching 16 people and they are all losing weight.

Take Shape for Life completely helps you change your diet so you eat healthier. You lose 2-5 pounds a week. I have lost a total of 113 pounds since July 5th. I would love to help you out :-)

[Reply]
elderboy02 08:54 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Rob, this is the way to go.....have you seen Dan? AMAZING transformation seeing is believing.

Good luck bro!
Thanks Mickey :-)

Rob, here is a photo from a while ago. I need to do an updated picture. This was when I hit 100 pounds down:

[Reply]
Robulous78 03:05 PM 01-24-2013
Nice Dan... Hoping to make my own photoset someday... :-)

So far so good... just not a lot of variety in taste... the bars come in only 3 flavors, Chewy cardboard, chocolate covered chewy carboard, and overly dry chewy peanut-butter... :-)

No Soda's here, occasionally if I run out of coffee I'll drink a Coke Zero... As far as my coffee goes I use cream sparingly, I have gone ahead and made the switch from sweet Iced tea to just plain a$$ iced tea, and i don't eat anything 4 hours before bed because I hear that going to sleep on a meal is counter-productive...

i estimate on a tight day when I do well my caloric intake is 1500, on a day I am less tight between 1500-2000... but seeing as this itself is probably close to 50% or greater reduction in what I usually eat I feel encouraged... :-)

Thanks for all the well wishes guys... I'll let ya know how it goes... :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 03:59 PM 01-24-2013
Keep it Rob. You should very proud. I'm doing the same thing and have lost a total of 54#s since July.

Keep it up !
[Reply]
BFallehy 04:21 PM 01-24-2013
Good luck on the weight loss. A few years back my girlfriend at the time, wife now, and I started changing our diets to try and eat healthier.

Some of the things that worked for me were cutting out fast food, I love it but it had to go. I also eat breakfast now which I didn't before. Nothing huge just a granola bar or something like that when I get to work.

A big thing was cooking most of our own meals. We don't use a lot of pre cooked things. I cook a lot of dinners and try and think about what I am putting in. One thing I have found is that if you are craving ground beef or a dish that calls for ground beef you can usualy substitute ground turkey and it is much healthier. If you don't like how bland that is you can add some warschester sauce to the ground turkey and it gives it that beef flavor in the dish that most people are looking for.

Biggest piece of advice, lots of fiber. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up