Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 99
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
TheRiddick 06:09 PM 10-14-2009
I wear Breitlings daily for who knows how many years and know every model they sell pretty well. For the record, a while ago when Rolex hired a lawyer to go after fake market, the Rolex he was wearing in the meeting contained a fake band, bought from a reputable Rolex dealer (receipt and all).

Been wearing and buying the likes of Breitling, Chopard, Genta and Zenith way back when USA market didn't even know what they are (back then both Zenith and Genta were "grey" market only).

Not trying to establish my "watch red", if you're convinced the watch is not a fake, no issue on my side, it just looks strange to me.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:14 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
I wear Breitlings daily for who knows how many years and know every model they sell pretty well..

Apparently not well enough....
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:30 PM 10-18-2009
Let's get this thread rocking again! I know there are more of you that like nice timepieces!!
[Reply]
Thrak 01:55 PM 10-18-2009
I have quite a few watches

A few of my favs are

1) Helix 'Wings' dive watch, black on black
2) Invicta 4847/2 Pro Diver automatic with 21-jewel miyota movement
3) Seiko pilots watch from early 90's (16th bday gift :-) )
4) Movado two-tone museum
5) Citizen limited edition calibre 3100 (#986 of 999)
6) Tag Heuer 6000S/EL limited black face with black chrono dials, on e stainless band

Many more that I have in their boxes. :-) I like watches heh... considering picking up a bulova thats a GREAT deal http://www.pennywise.biz/ ... love the moveable interior dial.
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:23 PM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:

Many more that I have in their boxes. :-) I like watches heh... considering picking up a bulova thats a GREAT deal http://www.pennywise.biz/ ... love the moveable interior dial.
where does it say that the interior dial is moveable?
[Reply]
Thrak 02:27 PM 10-18-2009
thats what the guarded crown on the left is for, you can turn the interior dial for calculations on the slide rule

the white ring turns as you turn the left crown

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018AJNI6

look at the zoomed in pics there
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:34 PM 10-18-2009
i see. thats cool as a "fun" point, but i'd probably never use it. Nice watch none-the-less although it is quartz.
[Reply]
Thrak 02:41 PM 10-18-2009
whats wrong with quartz?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:28 AM 10-19-2009
whats wrong with quartz?
Nothing really. They are more acurate. There are a few quartz watches that are very sought after:

IWC Flieger Quartz
Rolex Oyster Quartz
any JLC Quartz
Omega X/33

We use many of workshops that create the fanciest watch brand parts out there. In Biel, everything and everyone is watch manufacturing business. Sounds fancy, but it is not, they are manufacturies and machine shops.

Part of a watch's allure is from their distribution and marketing which makes the same watch as someone else seem more esteemed or something. There's a lot of marketing BS when it comes to major brands of watches. They turn them out like nothing. Rolex, Omega, Breitling... they make 800K+ watches a year... How much hand finishing do you think really goes into them?

Here's a picture of Rolex leaving the driveway of one of the shops we use...

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:05 AM 10-19-2009
One thing you might want to consider if you have a lot of watches is to PVD coat it. I think we can do most watches for around 500 CHF. It looks pretty cool and if you have a sporty Rolex will set it apart from the rest.
[Reply]
Thrak 03:42 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Nothing really. They are more acurate.
Oh I agree totally, I have a Zodiac quartz that is the most accurate watch I've ever owned... it literally gains about 3 seconds over 9-10months lol. Incredible. My Invicta with the Miyota movement is still gaining 5-8 seconds a day, but its only a couple months old.

I was just asking because of the way driftking said "although it is quartz", as if there is something wrong with quartz.

I think most people would be really surprised to learn who actually makes the movements in certain brands, and what other brands share the EXACT same parts....
[Reply]
Thrak 08:25 AM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
mission accomplished! Breitling Super Avenger!

Just wondering, what year is this super avenger?
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:54 AM 10-22-2009
[Reply]
wayner123 12:40 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
BE CAREFUL. You can slide down the slope just as fast as with cigars :-)

OH MY!! :-):-)

TWO Daytona's!! That's nuts man.

Watches are my second hobby. I even make straps for various ones. My favorite (right now) everyday wearer is the Omega Planet Ocean.
[Reply]
eber 02:00 PM 10-22-2009
I really love watches but just can't afford much right now, the only watch I have of note is a ESQ Swiss Chronograph. I will post a picture later tonight or tomorow
[Reply]
Darrell 02:04 PM 10-22-2009
1. The bracelet (or band as you call it) is a ProII
2. I've never seen the "B" on the main seconds hand of a Breitling super avenger, Only Breitling for Bentley motors watches
3. BEZEL is the correct bezel.... for a Super avenger, are you thinking of the Breitling for bentley 6.75
4. The "knobs" as you called them are technicallly called "pushers" and they are legit, as is the whole watch
5. Please tell me the "number of other fake elements" as you put it.

would you like to see the 4,000 dollar proof of sale from the legit local authorized dealer i bought it from? would that convince you? or do you want to bust my balls some more?

you should do some research and get your facts straight before you tell me that my watch is fake.
Wow. Way to show your ass, Bobby.

Greg is not going to blow smoke up your ass. It may do you some good to listen to him rather than getting your panties in a bunch and throwing a tantrum. Greg has been in this game probably longer than we have been alive.

:-)
[Reply]
Thrak 02:13 PM 10-22-2009
The face and chrono locations dont match the pics on Breitlings site. :-)

I'm not saying its a fake, cuz I'm not versed enough to know, but its pretty obvious that its different than whats on the site.

It does however, look exactly like this one

http://watchwoot.com/magento/index.p...hite-dial.html
[Reply]
bobarian 02:36 PM 10-22-2009

I'm not saying its a fake, cuz I'm not versed enough to know, but its pretty obvious that its different than whats on the site.

:-) Its not even close. http://www.breitling.com/en/#/models...avenger-faces/

But I'm not a watch guy so what do I know. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 02:39 PM 10-22-2009

What jumps out at me is the placement of the "8" and "10" on the dial, i.e. not enough cut away from the numbers. By no means am I a Breitling expert...but the dial doesn't look right to me.
[Reply]
MikeyC 02:44 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) Its not even close. http://www.breitling.com/en/#/models...avenger-faces/

But I'm not a watch guy so what do I know. :-)
It's clearly not the same face as pictured on the Breitling website, but if you look at the website the Super Avenger is listed as having a new face for 2009. Maybe the watch pictured is an '08?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 99
« First < 345 671555 > Last »
Up