Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Habana or Havana
icehog3 10:42 PM 07-30-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
You say potato, I say potato....wait that doesn't really work when you type it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXo64dGh9c
[Reply]
Mark 12:04 AM 07-31-2009
Welcome to the Asylum, Crase. Why don't you head over to the New Inmate Processing Area and post an introduction so we can get to know you a bit, and check out the newbie PIF. Its good to have you here, brother.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 02:04 AM 07-31-2009
From your avatar you look like Stewart

ok back to the topic at hand.
[Reply]
Bax 02:19 AM 07-31-2009
OK, one more time from the top. :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:05 AM 07-31-2009
Hahaha Mike you're a jerk! Hahaha wow I miss those skits!
[Reply]
aerochris 08:42 AM 07-31-2009
Hey guys. Crase21 is my brother. He is staying with me this summer but will soon be back in Missouri to finish up his last year of high school.

The other day he asked me why some of his cigars had the word "Havana" written on them even though they weren't from Cuba. I didn't know the answer and suggested he post up on the Asylum.

Sorry for the double post up there. We were having wireless internet problems last night and it must have posted twice on accident. I didn't even know that had happened until I saw the thread this morning.

Crase21 is a very good BOTL and I am sure he will be a great addition to the Asylum.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:48 AM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by aerochris:
Hey guys. Crase21 is my brother. He is staying with me this summer but will soon be back in Missouri to finish up his last year of high school.

The other day he asked me why some of his cigars had the word "Havana" written on them even though they weren't from Cuba. I didn't know the answer and suggested he post up on the Asylum.

Sorry for the double post up there. We were having wireless internet problems last night and it must have posted twice on accident. I didn't even know that had happened until I saw the thread this morning.

Crase21 is a very good BOTL and I am sure he will be a great addition to the Asylum.
Thanks aerochris, We're glad to have him!

... Group Hug? :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:00 AM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
For the second time, they are for the American market and we speak english. For the most part. :-)
English *@#*^*@^$. Do you speak it?

[Reply]
Skywalker 09:01 AM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
because when you smoke one your "Havana good time"
Nice!!!:-)

I like that answer!!!

[Reply]
GoatLocker 12:12 PM 07-31-2009
Welcome crase21, I guess your question is pretty well answered, but I have to correct Derrek on one thing below (in RED). :-)

Originally Posted by dvickery:
to put it a different way but repeat what everyone else has said...

in italian...roma
in english...rome
in canadian...rome, eh?

in spanish...habana
in english...havana
in canadian...havana, eh?

:-)

[Reply]
poker 12:21 PM 07-31-2009
Originally Posted by aerochris:

HIGH SCHOOL?

Oh man :-)
[Reply]
Bruce 05:51 PM 08-01-2009
LOL@Tom!!!
[Reply]
Darrell 05:54 PM 08-01-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
HIGH SCHOOL?

Oh man :-)
I certainly hope he's 18. :-)
[Reply]
HauteCuban 12:39 AM 07-20-2016
I think the original question deserves a Cuban to answer it. And as a Cuban I feel it totally appropriate to answer the Habana, Havana question.

So ... the real difference is that if you are a Cuban in Cuba you would call Havana, "Ciudad de La Habana" because that is the CORRECT format, spelling and pronunciation in Cuba. As a matter of fact we Cubans don't even enunciate the H at all. A real Cuban saying Habana would sound like La ahbana.

Whether your cigars say Havana or Habana have everything to do with whether or not they are actually Rolled & MADE in Cuba. If they are Cuban Seed ONLY you will more than likely see the word Havana, In Jamaica, Bahamas and most other nearby caribbean neighboring countries, if you purchase a Cuban, they will say HABANA, Cuba because they are most likely 100% real grown & rolled in Cuba. Although BEWARE there are many fakes anywhere you go. Depending on the brand you buy there are identifying factors on real vs fake. Just my 2 cents worth and experience.

And if you want to legally experience a REAL Home Grown & Rolled Cuban, go to a neighboring island. Look for the ones with HABANA bands/stamps verify authenticity and enjoy!

Anything else is just Cuban seed grown who knows where and claiming to be a Cuban which is in no offense like a Puerto Rican, Dominican or Mexican claiming to be Cuban. There is a BIG difference. Our Coffee, Our Rum, Our Cigars Our Sugar Cane and of course Our Women are ONE and ONLY :-)

P.S My maternal grandmother was born in Cuba in 1899 while Cuba was under US occupation and her trade as an adult was primarily as a Piano professor and her evening job as a single widowed mother of 9 children was rolling and banding PARTAGAS cigars in the Partagas Factory in Habana, Cuba
which to this day is still a MAJOR tourist attraction in Cuba. So I do have a little 1st hand knowledge passed down from my grandmother who lived to be almost 103.

Cheers!

References

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/16124

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/16209
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:11 AM 07-20-2016
I have a response but I'm going to wait seven years to post it. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:25 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I have a response but I'm going to wait seven years to post it. :-)
:-)
As a bonus, we did get links to Cigar Aficionado - the be-all and end-all of the cigar world. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 07-20-2016
The more pressing question....what happened to crase21???? :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:59 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Well hopefully he graduated High School! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 10:01 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by dvickery:
crase21

to put it a different way but repeat what everyone else has said...

in italian...roma
in canadian...rome

in spanish...habana
in canadian...havana

you really dont need to stress over it...just accept that other languages spell things different than we do.

derrek :-)

Or: When in Rome do as the Romans,
when in Turkey do as the turkeys.
[Reply]
markem 10:22 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
He is but the latest we wonder about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJlD5roDqNw
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up