Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>4Tour Farms Smooth Criminal
RevSmoke 08:21 AM 04-24-2018
I has been quite a while since I posted a review, but as you all know, I look to review cigars in the SMOKE manner. I am not sure it is the best way to review a cigar, but hey.

I had to order a sampler from 4 Tour Farms after I read something about them on CA, and then learning that it took 4 combat tours to save up the money to buy the farm and start making cigars, well... CA has always had a strong sense of supporting our troops, so this was (at least to me) another way to do so, I thought I'd buy a sampler of their 5 blends to give them a try. Here are my thoughts on the first smoke. Without giving it all away, in 37 years of smoking cigars, I have tried a ton of new smokes to come onto the scene - many of them have stolen the hearts of a lot of people, smoke & mirrors has been my opinion on many. Well, I was duly impressed by this smoke, Chris has done great work. And I do not say that just to blow smoke. I will be revisiting 4Tours.

Four Tour Farm – Smooth Criminal – RobustoNo measurements given, but I’d guess 5X50.

Description by maker: This is our finest Dominican cigar. This is one smooth mother, don’t leave it alone with your GF!! We take the very best long leaf Dominican we can find and wrap it with a smooth Sumatran wrapper from Ecuador. This is like your favorite single barrel: smooth, elegant and you can smoke it all night. Sometimes simple is good…pull this one out, sit back, and enjoy!
0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: Slight veins of a silken, colorado wrapper embrace this stick, handsome looking smoke. And the band is entirely kick @$$.

Score for aesthetics: 4.7

2) Pre-light Construction: A nice heft in the hand suggests this is well-filled. A consistency of feel from head to foot tells me a skilled torcedor practiced his craft. Has an easy, sweet, pre-light draw once clipped.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.6

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: I smoked this after a few hours on the river fishing walleye, sitting on the tailgate of my pick-up, with a decent breeze blowing – so consider those factors when reading this section. For the factors involved, while it wasn’t a razor burn line, it required no touch-ups, and the draw was slightly-firm, producing copious amounts of smoke. What truly amazed me was how stubborn the ash was to adhere to this smoke. I’d score this higher, but I need to see it perform in a better environment.

Score for post-light construction: 4.5

4) Flavor and strength: I have no doubt this is predominantly a Dominican cigar, it is incredibly smooth. Lots of smoke produces lots of flavor, but this is neither strong nor full-bodied. I like the earthiness, sweetness, hints of nutmeg, and wood. There are ephemeral hints of things that fade in and out, but which I did not quite identify.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.9

5) Finish/Aftertaste: Lingering hesitantly, the finish is wonderfully earthy and sweet.

Score for aftertaste: 4.7

6) Aroma: I usually enjoy the side-slip/aroma of a cigar, and this was no exception, I loved it. Nothing spectacular, nothing that stands out, but it exhibits great cigar aroma – mild, leathery, woodsy, extremely pleasant

Score for aroma: 4.8

7) General Comments: I only bought a sampler, so I only had one of these, and needless to say I cannot say how consistent they are. But I must admit that I truly look forward to trying more of these. This was just an overall great cigar, I am so glad I found this one.

Overall score for the cigar: 4.8

8) Recommendation: I am not one to hand out false praise, but this was a great cigar. There are 5 different blends from 4TourFarms, and I look forward to sampling the others as well, for this particular robusto has smoothly committed larceny, stealing my attentions.

Highly Recommended
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 AM 04-24-2018
Thanks for the review, Todd! :-)
[Reply]
Up