Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
Coffee Discussion>Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.
Chainsaw13 07:23 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
What are your thoughts on the Muka VS Moka? You use the milk option often, like doing it that way?
If you like cappuccino, the Mukka does a decent job. I’ve had issues with the valve, leaking from the o-ring. That causes it to not get up to full pressure. Looking online, they’re not cheap pots/parts. I see now they discontinued making it.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 07:53 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
80lbs? Wow!
East enough to get that much. 10lbs here, 30 here, etc. When you find stuff you like at a good price, you really gotta jump on it quick. I have missed sales when the offer was 150lbs and it would sell out in 25 minutes.
Blessings you all!

[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:32 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by T.G:
Something about the Bialletti moka pots that I noticed, was that the smaller ones make better coffee or faux-spresso or whatever you want to call it. My 3 or 4 cup made better coffee than my 6. My 1 cupper did a better job than both of the others. Ended up getting rid of the other two and just keeping the 1 cup. I found a stainless (not sure of the brand) 2 or 3 cup in a thrift store for a buck or so a couple months ago, I suppose someday I should actually try it.

Honestly though, my aeropress does a better job than any of the pots.
Please help me on the AeroPress, as I am not a fan and I Have had it for yeeeears.

I recently even got the Fellow Prismo adapter, and still have the same thoughts about it... It is a good dust collector currently.
[Reply]
Snook 12:50 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
If you like cappuccino, the Mukka does a decent job. I’ve had issues with the valve, leaking from the o-ring. That causes it to not get up to full pressure. Looking online, they’re not cheap pots/parts. I see now they discontinued making it.
I had a Mukka several years ago and I loved that thing. But yeah, the valve and frother ended up malfunctioning and I eventually threw it in the garbage. Too bad it was badly designed.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 12:54 PM 01-12-2021
Sounds like I'll stick with the Moka Express I got. I rather add the milk myself after reading up on it.
[Reply]
Snook 04:52 PM 01-12-2021
Sounds like I'll stick with the Moka Express I got. I rather add the milk myself after reading up on it.
For sure. I've had my 1-cupper since college and it's still producing quality brew. The rubber gasket is the only thing that needs replacing once in a while. Try making a cafe cubano. It's really easy, strong, and pairs well with a petite corona.
[Reply]
T.G 06:03 PM 01-12-2021
Please help me on the AeroPress, as I am not a fan and I Have had it for yeeeears.

I recently even got the Fellow Prismo adapter, and still have the same thoughts about it... It is a good dust collector currently.
Maybe it's just not your thing then.

I just follow the directions as they were written and I like it. And don't grind too fine.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:46 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by T.G:
Maybe it's just not your thing then.

I just follow the directions as they were written and I like it. And don't grind too fine.
I will give it a go when I roast my own. Same here, followed the instructions, watched a few videos.

Grind is supposed to be on the coarse side.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:43 AM 01-13-2021
I will give it a go when I roast my own. Same here, followed the instructions, watched a few videos.

Grind is supposed to be on the coarse side.
Put it up for sale or donate then. Why have it collect dust.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:00 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Put it up for sale or donate then. Why have it collect dust.
I may just do that if I feel the same way after the home roast.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:52 AM 02-28-2023
Wild, now I use my AeroPress almost daily! It makes great coffee pretty dang quick.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
Up