Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Troops Room>Gary Sinise
markem 04:24 PM 07-05-2015
I have apparently been living under a rock. Gary Sinise, Lt. Dan from the movie Forrest Gump, has been extremely active in the efforts to assist our wounded warriors in the transition back to home. This interview knocked me for a loop and I put it here so that others who may not know of his actions can see the kind of amazing man that he is.

http://blog.theveteranssite.com/garysiniseinterview/

I'd like to be like Mr. Sinise if I ever grow up.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:37 PM 07-05-2015
He also has a band, Mark, the "Lt. Dan Band", that tours and plays benefits for wounded warriors as well. Puts his money where is mouth is, he's a good man.
[Reply]
shilala 04:43 PM 07-05-2015
He's a great guy.
So is Steve Buscemi. Same kind of class act.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:21 PM 07-05-2015
Yep, he's been a long time supporter of the troops. I saw the Lt Dan band in Germany and Qatar and was in Afghanistan when he came through but work got in the way. He's a down-to-earth guy that is genuinely appreciative of our men and women in uniform.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:15 PM 07-05-2015
One heck of a touching video Mark. Its great to see this happen for the soldier and his family:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:32 PM 07-05-2015
Lt. Dan is an amazing guy, he hosts the DC Memorial for Vets show every year, usually has the Joint Chiefs on, as soon as they go to commercial you see him out in the crowd shaking vet's hands, he really is an amazing human being and this planet is a better place with him on it.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:33 PM 07-05-2015
A good man.
[Reply]
dijit 04:41 AM 07-06-2015
Had the honor of shaking his hand several years ago. Very stand up guy and makes a concentrated effort at his events to get off the stage and meet the real people not just the wigs.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:20 AM 07-06-2015
Funny anecdote: I missed him when he came through Kabul, but the captain that worked next to me went to get his autograph. He stopped off at a latrine first. There were only two urinals, very close to each other. He took a quick glance at the guy next to him before starting to pee. As he was taking care of business he realized "That's Gary Sinise!". So he turned to him...then thought "What do I say to Gary Sinise while we both have our ----s in our hands? Is there really any sort of conversation I can - or want - to start right now? Is saying 'I'm a big fan!' or 'I enjoy your work' appropriate at this particular moment? Nah, I'll just let it go..." and realized he'd been staring at Gary the entire time he'd been thinking, probably 20-30 seconds. He looked forward, finished up, washed, and left. He came into our office, sat down, and said "I do believe I just gave Gary Sinise the most uncomfortable piss of his life."
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:30 AM 07-06-2015
Very cool, Mark -- thanks for posting the article.
[Reply]
Up