Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Dark Mediums
Binder: Plantation Grown Brazilian Mata Fina
Filler: Honduras & Nicaragua Cuban Seed
Size: 5 1/2 Inches
Ring Gauge: 52
Vitola: Robusto
Smoked before reviewed, 1
Resting time: 11+ months

Prelight: leather and sweet cedar, strong spices, dark chocolate, espresso, earth, barnyard and very welled rolled, covered in a dark espresso brown wrapper that is still slick with oil to the touch even after a almost a year of resting.

1st 1/3
Has a perfect draw with lots of smoke, earth, leather, espresso and bitter dark chocolate and some light pepper

2nd 1/3
In the second third, the dark chocolate goes the way of a rich chocolate nougat note, and stays that way until the end of the cigar. The black pepper that was bigger in the first third has waned a bit, although it is still strong enough to remain a major part of the profile.

Interestingly the spice on the tongue increases a bit in strength during the second third and classically becoming creamier.

Final 1/3
I would consider this a medium to slightly full in strength, the almost year of aging has increased the sweetness while reducing the strength that was in the profile when it was fresh, but my enjoyment of the cigar increased over a fresh one and where a poor opinion can mistakenly accrue when not giving time to rest properly.

Overall the cocoa, chocolate notes stays to the end with just a bit too much pepper and spice for me but still very enjoyable and never over powering

Over all score 8.8
Smoking time 1hr 20 min
[Reply]
Stevez 06:02 AM 08-11-2014
Great review and thanks for sharing. I'll have to try and get some of those.
[Reply]
STEVE S 09:21 AM 08-11-2014
Great review, I really like this cigar, and I agree with your findings.
[Reply]
Up